- Doylestown - County seat.
- New Hope
- Peddler's Village
- Warminster township.
Located approximately 1 hour by car from the center of Philadelphia and a 2-hour drive from New York City, it has picturesque scenery and is of historical significance. George Washington crossed the Delaware River on Christmas Eve from Bucks County (Washington's Crossing). A suburb of Northeast Philadelphia, it has a beautiful balance of flowing grass fields and modern destinations. The county is filled with state parks, creeks, historical buildings, and historical covered bridges.
From Philadelphia and all points south, take Interstate 95 North. If you're coming from New York, take I-78 West to I-287 South, then get off at US-202 West which will take you into Bucks County.
- SEPTA Regional Rail. Four SEPTA Regional Rail lines connect Philadelphia with Bucks County. The Trenton Line and West Trenton Line provide service to lower Bucks County while the Lansdale/Doylestown Line and Warminster Line provide service to central Bucks County. The Trenton Line runs through the county on its route between Philadelphia and Trenton; stops in Bucks County include Cornwells Heights, Eddington, Croydon, Bristol, and Levittown. The West Trenton Line runs through the county on its route between Philadelphia and West Trenton; stops in Bucks County include Trevose, Neshaminy Falls, Langhorne, Woodbourne and Yardley. The Lansdale/Doylestown Line provides service to the county from Philadelphia, Ambler, Pennbrook, Lansdale, and Colmar; stops in Bucks County include Chalfont, New Britain, Delaware Valley University and its terminus in Doylestown. The Warminster Line provides service to the county from Philadelphia, Ardsley, Roslyn, Willow Grove, and Hatboro; the line terminates in Bucks County in Warminster.
- Philadelphia International Airport - Fly in from any other major airport. It is a 45 Minute Drive from Philadelphia to Bucks County.
- Bowman's Hill Tower. A 125 foot tall stone tower located in Washington Crossing Historic Park in Bucks County Pennsylvania. It is administered by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission. The tower was built on Bowman's Hill, which is on the dividing line between Upper Makefield and Solebury Township. The tower is 125 feet tall and its base measures 24 feet in each direction. It's a sweet place to take in the beautiful countryside, and it now has an elevator that you can take, which brings you three quarters of the way up Bowman's Tower, and in the fall, particularly October, the fall foliage from this vantage point is not to be missed. There's a flower park across the street as well, which is amazing in the spring.
- Lake Nockamixon, is the largest lake in Bucks County. The lake is artificially formed by a dam on the Tohikon Creek. During warm weather, boat rentals and swimming occur in the water. During winter, the lake freezes over allowing for ice skating and ice fishing. Twice a year, in June and November, timed water releases occur from the dam. The timed release creates an overflow on the Tohickon Creek, perfect for whitewater rafting. Kayakers typically trek this course all the way to its intersection with the Delaware River.
- Lake Galena (New Britain Township) - Lake Galena in Peace Valley Park is a 225-acre lake surrounded by 1500 acres of open park land. Peace Valley park is equipped with shoreline fishing, horseshoe pits, sand volleyball, tennis quipment, and playground equipment.
- New Hope Arts Center [dead link] - This center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing awareness and support of the contemporary arts and artists of the region through education and events, exhibitions and informal concerts and exhibitions of outdoor sculptures throughout New Hope.
- James A. Michener Museum [dead link] (Doylestown) - The old Bucks County jail, once a place of fear and despair, was transformed into a welcoming center of culture and beauty... guarding the artistic soul of Bucks County. The James A. Michener Art Museum, celebrating 20 years of collecting, is home to a world class collection of Pennsylvania Impressionist paintings, hosts nationally touring special exhibitions and showcases important regional artists. The Museum is accessible to visitors with disabilities and offers ample free parking.
- Fonthill Museum, Doylestown. The concrete castle home of Henry Mercer, built between 1908 and 1912. Over 44 rooms, 18 fireplaces, more than 200 windows. Interior walls, floors, ceilings elaborately adorned with an array of original handcrafted tiles. It's considered a National Historic Landmark.
- Pearl S. Buck House, Perkasie. Guided tours of the Nobel and Pulitzer Prize-winning author circa 1825 farmhouse and intact collection on a picturesque 68-acre estate. A National Historic Landmark with gift shop, cultural center, beautiful gardens and seasonal special exhibits featured.
- Washington Crossing. The site where, on Christmas Night, 1776, George Washington and the Continental Army crossed the icy Delaware River. Includes the 19th-century village of Taylorsville, Thompson Neely House and gristmill, Bowmans Hill Tower, and picnic areas. Days and Hours of Operation: Tue-Sat 9AM-5PM; Sun 12PM-5PM
- Brunswick Zone, 100 E Street Rd, Feasterville, ☎ . Bowling Alley, Laser Tag and Arcade. Fun for the whole family. Facility also caters Birthday Parties on location.
- Neshaminy Mall, 4200 Neshaminy Blvd, Bensalem.
- Oxford Valley Mall, 2300 E. Lincoln Highway, Langhorne.
- Sesame Place, 100 Sesame Rd, Langhorne. 'Sesame Street' Themed Amusement Park. Park has water rides, parades, roller coasters, live shows, and Sesame characters walking around. Located across the street from the Sheraton Bucks County, and Oxford Valley Mall.
- [dead link]Ultra Zone, 4201 Neshaminy Blvd, Bensalem, ☎ . Multi-Leveled Laser Tag Facility. "Missions" take place every 15-20 minutes. All participants are split into three teams (Red, Green, Blue) and must defend/attack other team bases and players. Location also provides Birthday Party space.
- Parx Racing & Casino, 3001 Street Rd, Bensalem, ☎ . Enjoy gambling on horses, slots, or tables. Conveniently located right off Route 1 (Roosevelt Boulevard).
- Styer's Orchard, 97 Styers Ln, Langhorne, ☎ . Pick your own peaches, apples, pears, pumpkins or various other fruits at this beautiful farm frozen in time. The farm has a beautiful pond, and acre after acre of fresh produce. Perfect for families, typically attended by elementry students on class trips.
- Playwicki Park, can be found on Bridgetown Pike, right before it splits into Maple Avenue. The park consists of 135 acres of land that was at one point going to be developed into a neighborhood. Fortunately, Lenape Indian artifacts were found on the site, and the land was preserved and turned into a recreational park. The park features various walking paths, a playground, and it intersects with the picturesque Neshaminy Creek. Picnics occur here frequently.
- Bucks County River Country. "World's River Tubing Capital." 3-4 hour trips on the scenic Delaware in 80-degree waters, average depth of one to four ft. Tubing, rafting, canoeing, kayaking. We've been providing family fun for 40 years. An adventure for everyone. The only place to go tubing with safety people always in place. Open everyday, it is the summer hot place to be and a great place to meet friends, $10 tubing specials.
- The Bucks County Playhouse [dead link] - A who's who of the theater - Grace Kelly, Bob Fosse, William Shatner, Paul Lynde, George C. Scott, Liza Minnelli and John Travolta are some of the luminaries that have graced the stage in their incredible productions.
- New Hope Winery [dead link] - Their wine list includes those unusual fruit wines, as well as a full list of carefully chosen Reds and Whites making for a list that shows off the best of what Bucks County has to offer. They have a gift shop, gourmet foods, and picnic area. Beautiful gift baskets and custom labeling by the bottle. They can accommodate 25 to 250 people.
- Rices Market. Rice's Market is a 30-acre outdoor market open on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Vendors come from all around, as they have for over 100 years, to sell their goods.
- Penn's Purchase Factory Outlet Stores - Forty of the best names in "a great place to shop" - always 20-50% off. Located in a charming country village setting.
- Peddler's Village. Peddler's Village is located in the heart of beautiful Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Since Earl Jamison founded Peddler's Village 47 years ago in the Lahaska countryside, visitors have followed the winding brick pathways to a unique shopping and dining experience. Peddler's Village has something for everyone from 70 specialty shops and six restaurants to the luxurious 70-room Golden Plough Inn and the Giggleberry Fair family entertainment center. We invite you to celebrate your favorite traditions at our 11 annual events.
- Giggleberry Fair - Giggleberry Mountain, Discover Land, Game Room, Grand Carousel and Painted Pony Cafe. Perfect party place. In addition to the restored 1922 Carousel, this attraction houses Giggleberry Mountain, the largest indoor obstacle course in the area.
- Balloon Rides Daily by U.S Hot Air Balloon Team - Few things in life compare to the exhilaration one feels, and the ability to experience the beauty of the earth's landscape while floating effortlessly in a beautiful hot air balloon. Join the US Hot Air Balloon Team in this experience from this world class location of Central Bucks County. Regardless of the season, the scenery is breathtaking. Enjoy views of the mountains, the Delaware River and the wildlife in their natural habitat. Hot air balloon rides depart each morning and afternoon from Lahaska. Champagne and hors d'oeuvres celebration conclude each flight.
- BucksMont Indoor Sports Center [dead link] - The BucksMont Indoor Sports Center is a newly constructed 78,000 square foot facility. Offering programs in all sports, for the novice to premier athlete of all ages, this is the premier indoor sports facility in the upper Bucks County area.
- Blue Sage Vegetarian Grille, 772 Second St, Pike, Southampton, ☎ . Closed Sunday and Monday. Features a purely vegetarian menu, and has received various mentions in culinary publications for its work. A local favorite. BYOB. Get reservations as the place is extremely popular.
- Ristorante Melograno, 73 Old Dublin Pike, Doylestown (Genuardi's Shopping Center), ☎ . Beautifully decorated Italian restaurant. Menu offers authentic regional cuisine. Owned by Chef Angelo D. Patruno, who left Italy in 1988.
- Maggios, 400 2nd St, Pike, Southampton, ☎ . Features a large dining room, along with catering, banquet facilities and a full sized bar. Restaurant has been in business for 34 years. Menu offerings include salad, strombolis, homestyle pizza, burgers, cheesesteaks and hoagies. Various other menu items cover all areas.
- Tex Mex Connection, 201 E Walnut St, North Wales, ☎ . A unique and fantastic infusion of Southern Texas and Mexican cuisine. Truly TexMex. The menu offers many selections, including tacos, Texas fried chicken, tortas, fajitas and nachos.
- Lobster Claw of Doylestown [dead link] - If you're looking for fresh seafood, casual atmosphere, at fair price, look no further! Fried and broiled platters. Outstanding deli sandwiches. Crabcakes, specials daily. BYOB. Takeout menu, fresh seafood market. 2006 thru 2008 "Best of Bucks" seafood restaurant.
- Sweet Lorraines Cafe and Bar [dead link] - Casual, fun and delicious, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, bar and function space, a wide variety of choices from traditional American to exciting ethnic cuisines by award-winning Michigan Chef Lorraine Platman. Casual, family-friendly, moderately priced.
- Uno Chicago Grill in Doylestown - Casual theme family restaurant. Featuring our famous Chicago-style deep dish pizza. Our menu also includes a variety of pastas, salads, sandwiches and steaks. Kids menu. Days and Hours of Operation: Mon-Thu 11AM-midnight; Fri 11AM-1AM; Sat 11AM-12:30AM; Sun 11AM-11PM.
- Bridgetown Mill House - 18th-century Mansion, eight acres. Five rooms, fireplaces. Restaurant-Continental cuisine. Gracious hospitality and service await. Weddings, meetings, corporate rates.
- Earl's Restaurant - Earl's Prime serves only the freshest and finest beef and seafood expertly prepared to delight the area's most demanding gourmets. The 150-seat restaurant includes a dynamic lounge with live jazz on weekends and elegant banquet facilities. A variety of intimate dining areas with dramatic windows provide views of the Village's beautifully landscaped grounds. They have an extensive wine list with over 100 offerings handpicked to perfectly complement menu selections.
- The Freight House - "Big City Dining" in the heart of Doylestown, offering world class cuisine, outstanding professional service and a dramatic award winning design. "City Chic" cocktails and affordable premium wines. Complimentary valet. Corporate and private functions welcome.
- Lambertville Station - Enjoy the natural tranquility of the Delaware River while you dine in a meticulously-restored 1867 railway station. Offering New American Cuisine with an innovated twist. Live entertainment and dancing every Fri and Sat. Open 365 days/ year.
- The Talking Teacup - Full service tearoom offering breakfast and lunch. Also offering children's birthday parties, private parties and a gift shoppe.
- Kenny's, 1134 Street Rd, Southampton, ☎ . Modern bar and restaurant, features full sized bar area with plasma screen TVs. M-Th: 11AM-2AM, F-Sa: 11AM-2AM, Su: 11AM-2AM. "Best Happy Hour in Bucks."
- [dead link]ViVa Martini Bar, 146 Bustleton Ave, Feasterville, ☎ . Large and modern bar, filled with couches, dance floor, live music, and belly dancers.
- Bucks County Wine Trail. Taste, relax, experience history in the making. Follow the trail: Buckingham Valley Vineyards, Crossing Vineyards & Winery, New Hope Winery, Peace Valley Winery, Rose Bank Winery, Rushland Ridge Vineyards, Sand Castle Winery and Wycombe Vineyards.
- Buckingham Valley Vineyards - Bucks Countys first and friendliest winery. Founded in 1966, we are one of the first and largest wineries in Pennsylvania. Wines are grown and made by traditional old-world methods, aided by the most modern techniques and equipment available. Offering a full line of grape, fruit and methode champenoise sparkling wines and a large selection of wine-related gifts. You are welcome to visit and enjoy a free self-guided tour and wine-tasting of some of the best and most reasonably priced around. Picnic tables and cold wine available.
- Bucks County Wine Tours [dead link] - We offer luxury transportation when visiting multiple wineries throughout picturesque Bucks County. Take in the scenery, meet some wonderful people, and taste some really great wine while we showcase the majesty of this beautiful countryside.
- McCoole's at the Historic Red Lion Inn - Gather with new and old friends for fine affordable fare and spirits. Enjoyment amidst original stone walls, stamped tin ceilings, old wood floors, open fireplaces and period furnishings. Luncheons, celebrations, special occasions.
- Triumph Brewing Company - Sophisticated restaurant/brew pub featuring eclectic contemporary American food and handcrafted freshly-brewed beer. Catering and banquet space available. Outdoor seating. Brewery tours upon request. Live music Wed-Sat 9PM. Local artist openings. Open 7 days a week.