Jump to navigation Jump to search
Several SEPTA regional rail lines connect Jenkintown to central Philadelphia and other cities in the Philadelphia Region
- 1 Jenkintown–Wyncote station, 2 Greenwood Ave (½ mile southeast of the town centre).
- 2 Noble Station, 801 Old York Rd.
From Philadelphia: I-76 West, I-95 North.
From Allentown: I-476
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL IATA) Fly in from any major airport. Approximately 30 minute drive from Philadelphia.
- 1 Beth Sholom, 8231 Old York Rd, Elkins Park, ☏ +1 215-887-1342, firstname.lastname@example.org. Frank Lloyd Wright, the renowned American architect, designed Beth Sholom Synagogue. It was the only synagogue ever designed by him and the last project that he completed before his death. Beth Sholom Synagogue is a National Historic Landmark as designated by the National Parks Service and the Secretary of the Interior in the Spring of 2007. This distinction makes it one of only 4 synagogues nationwide to be considered an important national treasure. Guided tours: General $15, Seniors/Students/Groups $12, Children under 10 free.
- 1 Abington Art Center. Founded in 1939, the Old York Road Art Guild is known today as Abington Art Center. Located on 27 acres in Jenkintown, the Art Center hosts rotating exhibitions for today’s artists, workshops and classes for students of all ages and presents programming and events designed to make art a part of your world. At Abington Art Center, you won’t just observe art. You’ll touch it, feel it, create it and be a part of it.
- Heaven Spa, The Pavilion - 261 Old York Road, ☏ +1 215 576-7000. A sanctuary for the mind, body, and soul. This spa offers massages, facials, waxing, manicures and pedicures.
- Meadowbrook Farm, 1633 Washington Lane, ☏ +1 215 887-5900, email@example.com. A free public garden where visitors can enjoy acres of plant life against a backdrop of a historic estate. During normal operating season, the garden welcomes a rotating series of artists to display their works on the grounds of the estate.
- 1 The Drake Tavern, 304 York Rd, ☏ +1 215-884-8900. The Drake Tavern is a cozy and fun spot for a quick meal located on route 611 in Jenkintown. It is very popular with the younger crowd. The burgers are very good and they have a great selection of beer on tap. Good atmosphere in charming Jenkintown.
- 2 Kings Corner, 603 Summit Ave, ☏ +1 215 758 2402. 11AM -2AM. This modern outpost with classic English-Scottish pub grub features soccer-related theme elements.
- 3 Newbolds Food & Libations, 211 York Rd, ☏ +1 267 636 5577. 4PM - 10PM. American cuisine. Designed as steampunk saloon with church fixtures, pews, Chesterfield sofas and industrial shelves blending new and old. Extensive bourbon library, small producer wines, and prohibition-era cocktails.
- Dessert. Sprinkles. This mom-and-pop ice cream parlor serves homemade ice cream.
- Mirna's. Mediterranean-style dishes. For dinner, try the snapper, served over spinach with a garlic, olive oil and lemon sauce, or the grilled mahi mahi over baby greens and roasted potato with a tomato scallion tahini sesame sauce and crabmeat.
- Vintage Bar and Grill. Authentic sports bar with a great Philadelphia atmosphere with great pub food.
- 1 Buckets, 810 West Ave, ☏ +1 215 576 9538. 11AM -2AM. A dive bar with good/quick food and stiff drinks. Not a place for a first date, but great place to unwind after a hard day.
|Routes through Jenkintown|
|Doylestown ← Abington Township ←||N S||→ Elkins Park → Philadelphia|
|Doylestown ← Fort Washington ←||N S||→ Elkins Park → Philadelphia|
|Warminster ← Abington Township ←||N S||→ Elkins Park → Philadelphia|
|Philadelphia ← Elkins Park ←||SW NE||→ Abington Township → Ewing|