Jenkintown is a small town in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania which is just north of Philadelphia. Jenkintown runs along route 611 and is approximately .58 of a square mile and is home to 4,500 residents.
From Philadelphia: I-76 West, I-95 North.
From Allentown: I-476
- Beth Sholom. Frank Lloyd Wright, the renowned American architect, designed Beth Sholom Synagogue. It was the only synagogue ever designed by him and the last project that he completed before his death. Beth Sholom Synagogue is a National Historic Landmark as designated by the National Parks Service and the Secretary of the Interior in the Spring of 2007. This distinction makes it one of only 4 synagogues nationwide to be considered an important national treasure.
- Abington Art Center. Founded in 1939, the Old York Road Art Guild is known today as Abington Art Center. Located on 27 acres in Jenkintown, the Art Center hosts rotating exhibitions for today’s artists, workshops and classes for students of all ages and presents programming and events designed to make art a part of your world. At Abington Art Center, you won’t just observe art. You’ll touch it, feel it, create it and be a part of it.
- Heaven Spa, The Pavilion - 261 Old York Road, ☏ . A sanctuary for the mind, body, and soul. This spa offers massages, facials, waxing, manicures and pedicures.
- 1 The Drake Tavern, 304 York Rd, ☏ . The Drake Tavern is a cozy and fun spot for a quick meal located on route 611 in Jenkintown. It is very popular with the younger crowd. The burgers are very good and they have a great selection of beer on tap. Good atmosphere in charming Jenkintown.
- Dessert. Sprinkles. This mom-and-pop ice cream parlor serves homemade ice cream.
- Mirna's. In the mood for something different? Try Mirnas Café located in the heart of Jenkintown. Mirna's serves Mediterranean style dishes. For dinner, try the snapper, served over spinach with a garlic, olive oil and lemon sauce, or the grilled mahi mahi over baby greens and roasted potato with a tomato scallion tahini sesame sauce and crabmeat.
- Vintage Bar and Grill. Authentic sports bar with a great Philadelphia atmosphere with great pub food.
|Routes through Jenkintown|
|Doylestown ← Abington Township ←||N S||→ Elkins Park → Philadelphia|
|Doylestown ← Fort Washington ←||N S||→ Elkins Park → Philadelphia|
|Warminster ← Abington Township ←||N S||→ Elkins Park → Philadelphia|
|Philadelphia ← Elkins Park ←||SW NE||→ Abington Township → Ewing|