It is one the most famous areas in the Slovak Republic offering history, entertainment and relaxation. This town is also a favourite tourist destination for many natives. Bojnice is one of the most beautiful and romantic places in the Slovakia. It is not waste of time going there for one day or week. Visitors will find the entertainment, health or historical monument during every season of the year.
Bojnice is almost a suburb of the nearby Prievidza city. There is an urban mass transportation service that is connected with Prievidza.
- On foot - it's small.
- 1 Castle with its museum.. It is one of the oldest monuments in Slovakia; it has become the national museum. The last owner of the castle was the earl Jan Frantisek Palffy. The castle is used for not only daily and nightly visitors but also entertainment events. These events attract thousands of people every year. It is worth visiting some of them; for example, the most popular events are the International Festival of Ghosts and Spirits, the Fairytale Castle, the Valentines weekend at the Castle or the Christmas at the Castle. From the names of these events is clear what they are about. Special attention is paid on the Ghost and Spirit Festival. Visitors have to pay ticket, but the price is something about 150 SK and then they will be taken to the castle. Visitors will become a part of a story from the frightening history of the castle and its owners, in which the ghosts and spirits are acting and trying to scare you.
- 2 Zoo. This is the oldest, but also one of the most modern zoos, not only in Slovakia but also in central Europe. It is located right in front of the Castle. It offers a lot of either fun for children and adults or romance for pairs in love. In The zoo are beautiful parks with many species of trees from every corner of the world. Visitors will enjoy the beauty of the place. There can be seen many different and interesting animals; for example, quests can find there 75 species of mammals, 138 species of birds, 86 species of fish, and 47 different reptiles. Children are special group, who will be really entertained by the zoo in Bojnice, because here are many attractions provided only for them.
- 3 The museum of prehistoric Slovakia. A cave from Neanderthal times with archeologist's finds .
- 1 Bojnice Spa (Kupele Bojnice). The basis if the curative treatment procedures in Bojnice Spa is the natural, curative, hydrogen-carbon-sulphate, calcic-magnesium hypotonic acrothermal water with the temperature ranging from 28 to 52 ºC . It springs from 9 wells with the spring-descharge if 40 litres per a second from the depth of 1200-1500 metres. The acrothermal water improves metabolism and immunologic reactions in cells, function of issues, thei oxygen supply and herewith the general health state. The curative water effects positively the autonomic nervous system, in particular its parasymphatetic part. The capacity of the spa is more than 500 visitors. Instead of thermal water, the visitors will enjoy modern outdoor swimming pool with 3 pools during hot summer days.
- Square restaurant
- Muzika restaurant
- Visit the tea room restaurant for your tea and dessert.
- There are many places where you can enjoy your coffee or get some refreshment.
- There are lots of hotels available. Two of the best hotels are Kaskáda**** and Hotel pod Zamkom. These are just in the centre of Bojnice city.