Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nitra region is in Slovakia.
Tourist/traditional regions Upper Nitra and Lower Nitra are the two parts making this region.
- 1 Bojnice. Beautiful castle and thermal water pools.
- 2 Nitra. One of the oldest Slovak towns with a castle and well preserved historical centre consisting many baroque palaces and burger´s houses.
- 3 Partizánske. spa in Piešta.
- 4 Prievidza.
- 5 Topoľčianky. A village with Renaissance castle with a maintained gardens surrounding it, open to public. Also a unique European Bison reserve is here.
- 6 Topoľčany.
- 1 Appony castle ruins (Oponický hrad).
- 2 Arboretum Mlyňany. A dendrological park with more than 2300 types of wood growing here.
- Bojnice castle. One of the most beautiful Slovak castles.
- 3 Church in Diviaky nad Nitricou. A church from year 1232, one of the most important Roman Catholic buildings in the region.
- 4 Church of St. Nicolaus in Poruba. A national historic monument, with intact Gothic wall paintings and painted ceiling from Renaissance.
- 5 Ghymes castle ruins (Gýmeš).
- 6 Hrušov castle ruins.
- 7 Prepošt cave in Bojnice. 11m long cave almost in the city center, with rich history - people have lived here approx. 40000-70000 years ago. The nearby museum displays the artifacts found here.
- 8 Sivý kameň castle ruins. Almost disintegrated ruins of a Gothic castle.
- 1 Strážov Mountains Protected Landscape Area (Strážovské vrchy).
- 2 Sports center for handicapped Ramata. Ski and recreational area.
- 3 Nitrianske Rudno. Water sports at the nearby pond. Includes camping, restaurant, pub, hiking trails, sport courts and other services.