Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bombarral's (bohn-buh-RRAHL, /bõ.bɐ.ˈʁaɫ/) economic activity is based on agriculture, with vineyards predominating.
- 1 Visitar Bombarral, Praça do Município (Câmara Municipal de Bombarral), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Bus terminal, Rua Mouzinho Albuquerque 45 (on the N8 road).
- 2 Comboios de Portugal (CP), Rua Júlio Tornelli (at Avenida Casimiro da Silva Marques), ☏ . PDF timetable. CP's Linha do Oeste (western line) provides Regional and InterRegional service from Lisbon, Caldas da Rainha, Leiria, and Coimbra. Lisbon: €7.50–€8.25, Caldas da Rainha: €2.10–€2.30.
- 1 Bacalhôa Buddha Eden (Buddha Eden Garden), Quinta dos Loridos (3 km (1.9 mi) from exit 12 of the A8 motorway), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:30–18:00 daily (closed 1 Jan & 25 Dec). On 35 hectares (86 acres) of land, Buddha Eden Garden is the largest oriental garden in Europe. It features Buddhas, pagodas, terracotta statues and sculptures. A shop and a restaurant are located onsite. Wine tastings are available with reservations. €5 entry, €4 for the "train", children 12 & under free.
The National Wine and Pear Fair is held in August.
- 1 Restaurante Dom Jose, Rua Dr Alberto Martins dos Santos 4, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M 12:30–14:45, Tu–Sa 12:30–14:45 & 19:00–21:45, Su closed. Bombarral's only Michelin-listed (Bib Gourmand) restaurant features authentic Portuguese cooking, such as cogumelos frescos salteados com espargos (fresh mushrooms sautéed with asparagus), feijoada de porco preto com feijão branco, couve e arroz (black pork feijoada [stew] with white beans, cabbage and rice), and tarte de lima com manjericão (lime pie with basil). They have a glass-enclosed wine cellar, where you can choose your wine. €25–€40.
- 2 Forno do Avô, Avenida Inocência Cairel Simão 41, ☏ . M–F 07:00–20:00, Sa & holidays 08:00–16:00, Su closed.
- 1 Hotel Comendador, Largo Comendador João Ferreira dos Santos, ☏ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Three-star, 51-room accommodation. Free breakfast, Wi-Fi, and parking. 24-hour front desk. Has meeting and conference spaces, a restaurant, and bar / pastry shop. €48–€63.