Borås used to be the centre of the Swedish textile industry, and is still well known for having many shops that sell high-quality textiles at low prices.
- Borås Tourist Center, Sven Eriksonsplatsen 3, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. M-F 10:00-18:00, Sa 10:00-14:00.
There's no airport in Borås itself, the nearest international airport is Gothenburg's Landvetter. It is about 60 km away and has daily flight from most European air hubs.
Commuter trains from Gothenburg run about once every hour, however due to old tracks they are slower than the bus. The Kust-till-Kust (Coast-to-Coast) trains between Gothenburg and Kalmar also make a stop-over there. Then there are regional trains from Varberg and from Uddevalla via Herrljunga. From time to time there have been direct X2000 fast trains from Stockholm, but as of now a change of trains in Herrljunga is required.
Bus #100 is a highway express from Gothenburg with departures every half hour. Several long-distance buses also makes stop-overs here.
Buses are operated by Västtrafik and cover the whole city and its suburbs. However, the city is small enough to walk around the centre.
- Taxi Borås, Svenljungagatan 39, ☎ .
- Walking to Borås. Large statue of Pinocchio in the south end of Allégatan.
- 1 Textile Museum of Borås.
- 1 Borås Djurpark (It's about 2 km from the centre). Sweden's second largest zoo
- Go for a walk in the city park, stadsparken, located in the city center.
- Go for a swim in Stadsparksbadet - an indoor water park situated in stadsparken. They have a 10 m (33 ft) climbing wall and a wave pool.
- Alidebergsbadet is a summer open outdoors pool by the zoo.
- Football: The local team IF Elfsborg play in Sweden's highest division and have become Swedish champions several times.
- 1 Babbel, Västerbrogatan 15, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Serving up Spanish beer and tapas with great atmosphere. Expect to wait for a table.
- Café Orion, Österlånggatan 51, ☎ . A combination of cafe and lunch restaurant, offering both hot and cold dishes. It's one of the cheapest lunch restaurants in town. They also offer good vegetarian options.
- 2 Viskan Café & Vinbar, Södra Strandgatan 6, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. All-day upscale café and adjacent wine-bar with a nice summer terrace overlooking the river Viskan.
Although Borås might not be the best city in Sweden for drinking, it has a few places worth visiting.
- Scandic Hotel Plaza Lounge. This hotel bar offers a relaxing atmosphere for starting the night. However not really worth making it an evening here.
- Rådhuset Bar and club in the old town hall by the north side of the large square.
- Bishop Arms The best place in town to drink beer. Has quite a large selection of European beer.
- 1 Vila Vandrarhem, Lilla Brotagan 11, ☎ . Nice and clean hostel, reasonably low prices, friendly staff, free Wifi. They also have hotel across the street.
- 2 Best Western Borås, Sandgärdsgatan 25, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 First Hotel Grand, Hallbergsplatsen 2, ☎ . Luxurious and centrally located.
- 4 Hotel Sköna Nätter, Vendelsbergsgatan 42, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- 5 Scandic Hotel Plaza, Allégatan 3, ☎ . A nice hotel with decent prices.
- Borås Camping, Campinggatan 25 (2 km (1.2 mi) from the city centre), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The largest city camping in Sweden, open around the year. In addition to camping lots they also offer cabins and hostel rooms.
- Police office, Sandgärdsgatan 15., e-mail: email@example.com. +46 33-739 20 00
- Södra Älvsborgs sjukhus (Hospital), Brämhultsvägen 53, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gothenburg — Sweden's second city, with a lot to see and experience, 70 km west
- Jönköping — scenically set at the shore of lake Vättern, little less than 100 km east
- Varberg — with a fortress and a world heritage listed radio station, 80 km southwest