Bordi is in Thane District. Bordi is located 12 km no of Dahanu.
- MSRTC buses should be available from various parts of Maharashtra. If you are leaving from Mumbai, then you have an option of boarding MSRTC buses, leaving every 30 mins - 1 hr from the Mumbai Central Bus Station. Though they might be uncomfortable, they top in terms of punctuality. Remember to grab a window seat!
- Private Rikshaw can be chartered - a good option if you are going in a large group.
- Take a car or a taxi from Mumbai. Bordi is on the way to Daman from Mumbai, so you could do the trip as part of a trip to Daman. To reach Bordi from Mumbai, take the Mumbai- Ahmedabad National Highway (NH8). At Charoti 'naka'(crossing), which is a 35 km from bordi take left turn
There are autos (shared/individual) available but the best bet is to have your own vehicle as you would like to hop on from one beach to another and you may not get anything in between.
- Asavli Dam
- Barad Caves
- Dahanu Fort
- Kalpataru Botanical Gardens
- Mahalakshmi Temple,Dahanu
There isn't much to do in Bordi unless you love beaches.
The Warli Adiwasi offers the Warli painting made from rice.
Bordi has lots of restaurants, or if you prefer, you can get marinated chicken, fish or mutton and roast it on a grill on the sea shore.
Bordi has few of restaurants and bars.
There are many homestays in Bordi. Rooms and service is premium and bit costly . They all have parking space. Rates vary with tourist season and the quality of the room.
- Hill Zill Resort, Borigaon, near Bordi, ☎ . Check-in: Noon, check-out: 10AM.
- [dead link] Tapovan Retreat, Bordi, ☎ .
- Orchards Resort, Gholvad, ☎ . Check-in: 10:30AM, check-out: 10AM.
- The Jungle Camp, Aswali, ☎ .
- [dead link] Gool Khush Resort, Bordi, ☎ .
- Anand Resort, Bordi, ☎ .
Most hotels have a swimming pool, in case you don't want to swim in the sea. There are also many hotels between Dahanu and Bordi.