Jump to navigation Jump to search
Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén county is in Northern Hungary.
|1 Miskolc (Felsőzsolca, Alsózsolca, Nyékládháza, Onga, Emőd, Sajóbábony)|
With the unique cave bath in Miskolctapolca, the third largest city in the coutry, near the Bükk hills
|2 Ózd (Borsodnádasd)|
|3 Kazincbarcika (Sajószentpéter, Rudabánya)|
|4 Mezőkövesd (Mezőkeresztes)|
Spa with hot mineral water.
|5 Edelény (Szendrő)|
Main sights are the beautiful early Baroque style L'Huillier-Coburg Palace and Borsod Heritage Museum in Edelény; Treasure House, Blue Painter's House, School History Exhibition in Szendrő; Ruins of Pauline Church and Monastery in Martonyi; World's Largest Book in Szinpetri; Ruins of Szádvár in Szögliget; medieval Roman Catholic Church in Tornaszentandrás.
|6 Putnok |
|7 Sátoraljaújhely (Pálháza)|
Main sights are the Ferenc Kazinczy Museum, Prison Museum, Museum of Hungarian Language, Town Hall, Saint Stephen Church, Pauline-Piarist Church and Monastery, Ferenc Kazinczy Memorial Hall, Zemplén Adventure Park. In the surroundings: Romanesque Church in Felsőregmec, Castle of Füzér, Heritage Museum in Füzér, Károlyi Palace in Füzérradvány, Porcelain Museum in Hollóháza, Forest Railway in Pálháza.
|8 Sárospatak (Cigánd)|
Main sights are the Castle of Sárospatak (Rákóczi Museum) and the Scientific Collections of Sárospatak Reformed College. Other sights: Gallery, Basilica, Trinitarian Monastery, Végardó Bath, Tarn on Megyer Hill. In the surroundings: Romanesque Church in Bodrogolaszi, Bodrogköz Museum in Cigánd, Rusyn Heritage Museum in Komlóska, Synagogue Memorial Place in Olaszliszka, Mágóchy-Alaghy-Sennyei Mansion in Pácin, Ethnographic Exhibition Site in Sárazsadány, Wine Museum in Tolcsva.
|9 Szerencs |
|10 Encs (Szikszó)|
Main sights are the Fáy Mansion in Fáj, Rákóczi Mansion in Felsővadász, medieval Reformed churches in Rásonysápberencs and Szikszó.
|11 Tokaj |
A famous wine town producing high quality white wines.
|12 Gönc (Abaújszántó)|
Main sights are the Castle of Boldogkő, Castle of Regéc; Hussite House and Gáspár Károlyi Bible Exhibition in Gönc; Bible Visitor Centre and medieval Reformed Church in Vizsoly.
- 1 Aggtelek – Beautiful caves with dripstones and stalagmites, part of UNESCO World Heritage List
- 2 Lillafüred – Palace Hotel with forest train, park and lake - surrounded by romantic hills
- 3 Tokaj-Hegyalja. — historic wine region
- 1 [dead link] Bodrogkeresztúr. Bodrogzug, Jewish cemetery with Miracle-working rabbi's grave. Visit the Hungarian Motor Museum. For more info: Water and cycling tourism information center. Tours to Tokaj-Bodrogzug Landscape Protection Area (Tokaj-Bodrogzug Tájvédelmi Körzet).
- 2 Dédestapolcsány (from Miskolc approx. 30 km north-west). Dédes Castle ruins and Lázbérc Reservoir Protected Area in the Uppony Mountains, extends between Uppony and Dédestapolcsány villages. Free to visit; Serényi Castle (1903, eclectic style), House of Crockery collection (Cserépedény-gyűjtemény). Take a tour in Damasa ravine, 170 m deep, even summer some snow could be see here.
- 3 Kelemér (51 km NW of Miskolc). Lakes of Mohos, Reformed Church (14th century), Tompa Mihály's House, Folk architecture.
- 4 Mád (10 km from Szerencs Town). This is a village with a special atmosphere situated in the heart of the Tokaj wine region, UNESCO World Heritage Site. Need to visit: Malonyay house, Rákóczi-Aspremont castle, Foothills Hegyalja Savings Bank building, historic synagogue (Europa Nostra Award-winning) and the Old Jewish Cemetery, Roman Catholic Church, Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church, Reformed Church and Chapel, Wine cellars.
- 5 Ózd (Ouz) (40 km NW of Miskolc). Former Casino (neo-Renaissance style, 1884); City museum, Technical outdoor open-air museum;Holy Cross Roman Catholic Church (1891-1893); St. Simon and St. Jude's Roman Catholic Church in Szentsimon settlement, (13th-century, Romanesque, rebuilt in 14-15th century, Gothic); Queen of the Rosary Church and Parish; Immaculate Conception Church (Gothic, 15th-century, partly 19th, 20th century) St. John the Baptist Church (Hodoscsépány); Protection of Mother of God Greek Orthodox Church (2000); Lutheran Church (1902, Neo-Gothic); Reformed Church (1905).
- 6 Répáshuta (Slovak Répášska Huta) (20 km from Miskolc). Balla Cave, Rejtek Nature Trails. Passed by the Countrywide Blue Tour
- 7 Sajószentpéter (13 km from Miskolc). Reformed Church (14th century), Gedeon family mansion, Country House, Roman Catholic Church (Kossuth u.22), Greek Catholic Church (Vörösmarty u. 12), Outdoor mining museum.
- 8 Szerencs (30 km E from Miskolc). Rákóczi Castle (built on the ruins of a Benedictine Abbey, in 1550s); Roman Catholic Church (built in baroque style in 1774); Calvinist Church (built in Gothic style at the end of the 13th century); Greek Catholic Church (Ondi Street, built in 1700s), Sugar Museum, Postcard Museum, Toy Museum, Town Bath.
- 9 Szomolya (12 km from Mezőkövesd). Beehive Stone, Caveflats.
- 10 Tarcal (trains from Hatvan, Miskolc, Szerencs, Sátoraljaújhely, Nyíregyháza). Palace of Tarcal, Kengyel-Lake, Roman Catholic chapel (17th century, late baroque style). St. Theresa's Chapel (18th century, Baroque style). Synagoge (around 1800). Reformed Church (Late Baroque style, 1797). Roman Catholic parish church (Gothic, 15th century). Mine lake, Királyudvár winery.
- 11 Taktabáj (Báj) (near Tokaj). Reformed Church (built between 1782-1784, rococo); Former PalacePatay (now a school); Avar archaeological sites.