Bradenton is a city on the Florida West Coast. Its economy is based on tourism and agricultural products. Tropicana, the orange juice company, and Bealls are headquartered here.
- You can arrive by air at Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport (SRQ IATA), on the border between Sarasota and Manatee counties, 6 mi (9.7 km) south of Bradenton.
- You can also fly into Tampa International Airport (TPA IATA), in Tampa. Tickets to Tampa are generally cheaper and it's easier to get a direct flight since the airport is bigger.
- The third option is a smaller airport St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport. (PIE) The airport is predominantly served by Allegiant Airlines and features direct flights from many mid-sized northern cities.
- Easy access by car from Interstate 75.
- The MCAT (Manatee County Area Transit) bus system stops at all the major shopping areas, beaches, schools, hospitals, etc.
- 1 Lake Manatee State Park, 20007 State Road 64 East, ☏ . 8AM to sunset.
- 2 Bishop Museum of Science and Nature (South Florida Museum), 201 10th St W (near the Riverwalk at the junction of 9th and 3rd), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Where Snooty the Manatee lives.
- 3 De Soto National Memorial, 8300 De Soto Memorial Hwy, ☏ . 9AM-5PM. Features live reenactments of Conquistadors shooting things. Free.
- 1 The Real BeachHorses, 8400 Manatee Ave W, ☏ , email@example.com. Learn how to HorseSurf at Palma Sola Bay.
- 2 Robinson Preserve, 1704 99th St NW, ☏ . Kayak.
- 1 Pier 22, 1200 1st Ave W, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Seafood Shack, 4110 127th St W (Cortez village; Marker 49A), ☏ . 11:30AM–9PM daily.
- 1 Americas Best Value Inn, 607 67th Street Circle East (I-75, exit 220, across from McDonalds), ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: 11AM. Economy motel with clean rooms. $40-90.
- 2 Springhill Suites Downtown/Riverfront, 102 12th St W, ☏ . Swimming pool is open 6AM–10PM.
For the most part Bradenton is a safe city, with crime rates among the lowest in Tampa Bay Area. However some areas, especially south of downtown, tend to have a higher concentration of crime, especially at night.
Don't walk around by yourself late at night or carry around expensive objects or large amounts of cash. Driving is normally pretty safe, though carjackings have been known to happen. When driving around at night, lock your car doors and windows and stick to major roads to avoid getting lost and ending up in a bad neighborhood.
- Saint Petersburg
- Anna Maria Island — swim, jetski, windsurf, or ride the trolley
- Longboat Key Beaches
|Routes through Bradenton|
|Tampa ←||N S||→ Sarasota → Miami|
|Saint Petersburg ←||N S||→ Ends at|
|Tallahassee ← Saint Petersburg ←||N S||→ Ends at|
|Tampa ← Apollo Beach ←||N S||→ Sarasota → Miami|
|END ← Anna Maria Island ←||W E||→ Zolfo Springs → Avon Park|
|Ends at ←||W E||→ Arcadia → Fort Pierce|