Playa Brasilito is a town in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Located on the north Pacific Coast 3 km south of Flamingo Beach and 20 minutes north of Tamarindo Beach Brasilito was a small fishing village which has become a budget location to stay on the Gold Coast. It boasts a long grey sand beach that is largely undeveloped and is a short walk to the famous Conchal Beach. During the Easter and Christmas vacations it is filled with Costa Ricans vacationing in their own country, most of the rest of the year it is an underrated peaceful village.
Brasilito is 45 minutes south of Liberia International Airport or 5 hours drive by car from San José International Airport. Driving directions: take Highway 21 to the 155 towards Huacas, Brasilito, Flamingo, and Conchal. Follow the signs to Brasilito. Make a right in Huacas. Drive approximately 3 km. To get here by bus you take the Tralapa Bus from San José. This will cost approx. US$8 and takes about 6 hours. Ecotrans.com runs a shuttle bus service from Liberia airport for $20 and Interbus.com runs a shuttle bus from other hotels in different regions of Costa Rica starting at $29.
Once in the town most things are within walking distance. The local stores and sodas are laid out around the plaza, on the main road going through town are the school, church and many hotels and restaurants. Flamingo Beach is a short bus ride away.
The gorgeous Conchal Beach is a 10-minute walk from the center of town: walk south for 500 m and go over the passage over the point. You can drive on Brasilito Beach to Conchal Beach depending upon tides. Or, take the road to Matapolo, at Matapolo take the signs for Bahia del Piratas, when the road to Bahia del Piratas goes to the left keep straight. You will find yourself at the far end of Conchal Beach where there is a restaurant. This end is called Conchal Viejo.
In addition you can rent cars, scooters, bicycles, horses or ATVs to get around. Taxis and shuttle buses are also available.
In Brasilito you can experience the tranquility of a real Costa Rican village, with wonderful sunsets and ocean front dining. Conchal Beach is arguably one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and it is a short walk. Monkeys and other wildlife abound. If you want to venture out of the town it is a short distance to the lovely white sand beaches of Flamingo, Penca and Sugar Beach. The nightlife of Tamarindo is close as is the natural beauty of Rincon de la Vieja.
- The nearby Conchal Beach is perfect for snorkeling and swimming in lovely warm water. Conchal Beach' is made up of crushed shells instead of sand. Especially at the north end of the beach the white shells cover the beach. Because of this the water is exceptionally clear as the shells are too heavy to be lifted up into the water. Behind the beach is a long thin dirt road used by 4x4 cars and ATVs, it makes for a great shaded nature walk where you can see monkeys, crabs, and other wildlife. At the north end you can rent snorkeling gear and the snorkeling and swimming are great. The bay is very sheltered and safe swimming for young children. You can rent a hobie cat and sail out on the water, or jet skis, or ride horses up and down the beach, or join an ATV tour. Or just use the shade of the mangrove trees on the beachfront to relax or work on your tan.
- As well as body surfing in Brasilito's safe beach break you can also see surfers surfing at the point when the conditions are right.
- Horse and ATV tours run along the beach and scuba diving, sports fishing and sailing tours leave from nearby Potrero Bay.
- Canopy tours, wildlife tours and volcano tours can also be done from Brasilito.
- During the dry season the endangered Leather Back turtles nest at the nearby Las Baulas National Park.
- Reserva Conchal Golf Course, Playa Conchal, Guancaste (just before Brasilito), ☎ . Robert Trent Jones II course inside the Reserva Conchal resort.
- Glory Tours, 400 meters north of Camaron Dorado, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. This Costa Rican-owned family business offers horseback riding and ATV tours starting in Brasilito and going through Flamingo, Potrero, Conchal and Tamarindo. Staff speak English and Spanish and know the area very well.
There are two souvenir stores in town where you can buy local crafts and in addition at Playa Conchal there are many street vendors set up to see local souvenirs. Wandering merchants sell a variety of items including native clay earthenware and jewerly.
The town has four small markets to buy any essentials you may need during your stay.
Brasilito has a large array of restaurants for such a small town.
- Hotel Brasilito, Beachfront Brasilito, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. An ocean front restaurant with an international menu. h
- Il Forno is an Italian restaurant.
- Happy Snapper, an American style international restaurant and bar.
- Camaron Dorado, a high end seafood restaurant where you dine on the beach.
- Soda Brasilito, Soda el Coco and Sol y Luna are three local restaurants which feature traditional Costa Rican cuisine for low prices.
- Pollos Tropicales is a local fast food restaurant with healthy eating choices.
In addition there are three small bars that serve food in the evenings.
Many food vendors have stands on Conchal Beach where they sell kabobs and drinks. The closest restaurants are:
- Soda Conchal Viejo, Conchal Beach (far south end of Conchal). open high season weekends and holidays.
-  (Reserva Conchal), Conchal Beach (in the Reserva Conchal resort), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The bar at Hotel Brasilito has the best view in town of the sunset, enjoy the sunset with a drink in hand.
- Happy Snapper's happy hour is a favorite with locals.
- Kokomo's is open late.
- Hotel Brasilito (Hotel Brasilito), 50 meters west of the Plaza in front of the ocean (Cross the bridge from Huacas, take the first left the hotel is at the end of the street), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 12:00. US$46 two people with air conditioning.
- Hotel Conchal, 200 m south of the school (On the road to Huacas 200 meters south of the Plaza), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. US$85 double.
- Cabinas Diversion Tropical, 250 m south of the school, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. US$37 double.
- Brasilito Lodge, 150 m south east of the Plaza, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. US$11/person in a shared room and camping is also available.
- Cabinas la Gloria, 150 m south of the school.
- Reserva Conchal, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. From US$300.
- Condor Lodge (at the far south end of Conchal up on the hill), ☎ . From US$90.