Bright is a town in Victoria's High Country.
The main industry in Bright is tourism which focuses on the autumnal colors of European trees planted in the area. It is also the gateway to majestic alpine scenery.
Bright is at the end of a decommissioned railway spur from Wangaratta. V/Line buses still service the town, three times daily on weekdays, but once once a day on weekends. The buses connect with railway services at Seymour to Melbourne.
The old rail right-of-way is now a railtrail, and hiring a bike from Wangaratta and cycling to Bright is a good days cycle.
- Bright Art Gallery & Cultural Centre. 10AM–4PM.
- Swim - albeit in very cold water. There is a free water slide, and high swinging rope into the water.
- 1 Bogong Horseback Adventures, 52 Fredas Lane, Tawonga, Vic, ☏ . By Appointment. Award winning horse tour operator offering rides from 2 hours to Multi-day packhorse expeditions into the Alpine National Park. Home of Spring Spur Australian Stock Horse stud, all expedition horses are bred and trained on the property. Clinics in Natural Horsemanship available. From $90.
- Fly a Powered Hang Glider. Take a scenic flight or a lesson in a powered hang glider.
- IL Centro Pizza House, 94 Gavan St, ☏ .
- Bright Brewery bar is open daily from noon until evening. 
- Dr Mauve Bar And Lounge, 100 Gavan St, ☏ . F–Tu 4PM–1AM.
- John Bright Motor Inn, 10-12 Wood St, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM.
- 1 Alpine Hotel (The Alpine), 7-9 Anderson St, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM. A medium sized alpine hotel with a bar and a restaurant. from $113.