Brikama is city in Western Gambia and with a population of over 57,000, one of the largest in the Gambia.
Local attractions include the Makasutu Culture Forest.
- Brikama Woodcarvers' Market.
Brikama is known for wood carving and for its musicians.
Brikama is more a stopover and transportation hub and hardly any tourist stay overnight in town. However, there are still a few hotels and lodges available in town. The best room standards can be found outside of the centre of town.
- Domorr Deema Mini Hotel, ☏ . Also known as the Domorrdeema Guesthouse, on Mosque Road, Brikama. It has a restaurant, is kept tidy and neat, but has only 4 tiny rooms with fans and shared WC / shower room.
- Alla La Daaroo Guesthouse. Alla La Daaroo has 7 rooms with shared bathing facilities & is an eco-guest-house set in a large tropical nature garden near Brikama Village.
- Geedema Lodge. This is a 12 roomed accommodation in Fula Kunda Village which are all with ensuite shower rooms. They are roundhouse huts in African style. Live life in an African village environment.
- Marakissa River Camp. Just south of Brikama Town the camp has round huts with their own shower & toilet facilities, double beds. There is also a restaurant located on the river bank.
- Bojang Lodge, ☏ .
- Ziguinchor, Senegal. From there you can continue to Bissau, Guinea-Bissau's capital. Take the 'sept place' first to Selety, Senegal. The price is 65 GD plus 25 GD for one piece of baggage. From Selety, take another 'sept place' to Ziguinchor. The price is 2,500 CFA plus 500 CFA for one piece of baggage.