Western Gambia lies along the country's short Atlantic coast and the land around the mouth of the Gambia River.
- Abuko Nature Reserve
- Makasutu Cultural Forest
- Niumi National Park
- Kunta Kinteh Island, a remainder from the slave trade and a UNESCO World Heritage
- Makasutu Culture Forest, Serekunda (north of Brikama). A 1000-ha reserve of mangroves, palm groves and savannahs with baboons, monkeys, birds and monitor lizards. About 45 min from Banjul - a D1300 taxi ride, and the driver will wait for you.
- Kachikally Sacred Crocodile Pool, Bakao, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. More than 80 crocodiles that are so tame that you are allowed to pet them D50.
- Bijilo Forest Park (at Kololi). Birds and monkeys D20.
- Brikama Market. Big market with some interesting stores, e.g., batik
- Brikama Craft Market (ca 10 km north of Brikama, i.e., too far to walk from Brikama). 20-30 small stores with mostly wood carvings. Better selection than the similar stores at tourist attractions and hotels
- Gena Bes Batiks, no 16, Salung St, Bakau (in Bakau between the old Kachikally Cinema and the Crocodile pool), ☎ . Nice batik designs From D1000.