North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > Georgia (state) > Coastal Georgia > Brunswick (Georgia)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Golden Isles Airport (BQK IATA, previously known as "Glynco Jetport"). has daily flights from Atlanta on Delta Air Lines.
- The nearest major airports are Savannah/Hilton Head International (SAV IATA) to the north, and Jacksonville International (JAX IATA) to south, in Florida. Each is about 1.5 hours away by car.
Brunswick can be accessed by car from Interstate 95 by Exit 29 (US Highway 17/Georgia State Route 25 Northbound), Exit 36-A (US Highway 341 / US Highway 25 / Georgia State Route 27 Southbound) or Exit 38 (Georgia State Route 25-Spur).
- Major highways in Brunswick include Interstate 95, US Highway 17, US Highway 341 (multiplexed with US Highway 25 for almost its entire route) and Georgia State Route 303. US Highway 82's eastern terminus is at Interstate 95 Exit 29.
- Primary north/south city streets include Glynn Av (US 17), Martin Luther King Bl, Altama Av, Habersham St and Newcastle St (US341/25).
- Priamry east/west city streets include Fourth Ave (US 341), Gloucester St (US 25), "L" St, Parkwood Dr, First St, Fourth St, GA25-Spur, Community RD (GA 303), Chappel Crossing Rd, and Glynco Parkway.
- Brunswick can be travelled by car, on bicycle or on foot.
- Drivers should beware that Brunswick uses Photo Enforcement of traffic laws at some intersections. As of February 2007, The intersection of L St and Martin Luther King Bl, the intersection of Altama Ave and Community Rd (GA 303) and the intersection of Glynn Ave (US 17/GA 25) and the F.J. Torras Causeway to St. Simons Island have cameras installed and in operation.
- Taxi Service is provided by Courtesy Cab Co. +1 912 265-5002. There is no regularly scheduled mass transit in Brunswick at this time.
- Stay Express Inn & Suites, 5323 New Jesup Highway, ☏ , fax: . Low-key hotel with simple rooms and free WiFi.
- Brunswick Microtel Inn & Suites, 146 Gateway Center Blvd, ☏ , fax: .
- Courtyard Brunswick, 580 Millennium Boulevard, ☏ , fax: .
- Fairfield Inn Brunswick, ☏ , fax: . 107 Gateway Center Circle.
- Hampton Inn Brunswick, 128 Venture Drive, ☏ . The Hampton Inn Brunswick provides the most comfortable and convenient accommodations of any hotel in Brunswick. Cracker Barrel is walking distance from the hotel.
- Holiday Inn, 138 Glynco Parkway, ☏ .
- The Hostel in the Forest (10 miles west of Brunswick on Highway 82), ☏ . A rustic, idealistic, and serene hostel with treehouses, $25 including dinner. Must call for a reservation.
- Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway, 220 Gateway Center Blvd (Get off exit 38 off I-95 and turn east), ☏ . Check-in: 1500, check-out: 1100. 60 room upper mid-scale hotel. 2.5 miles from FLETC and the Glynco Airport. 15 min from St. Simon's and Jekyll Islands. $70-120.
|Routes through Brunswick|
|Savannah ← Midway ←||N S||→ Jacksonville → Daytona Beach|
|Savannah ← Midway ←||N S||→ Jacksonville → Orlando|
|Greenville ← Augusta ←||N S||→ Ends at|
|Albany ← Waycross ←||W E||→ END|