Víziváros (lit. Water Town) is in Budapest. This article describes the outer part of the 1st district, which includes parts of Gellérthegy (lit. Gellért Hill), Krisztinaváros (lit. Kristina Town), Tabán and Víziváros. However, this article doesn't include the northern part of the Víziváros, which is part of the 2nd district and is described in North Buda.
In Roman times, the north-south transport route parallel to the Danube to Aquincum led through the area. The settlement of the Romans here was destroyed by the Sarmatians in the 3rd century. In the Middle Ages, several small settlements were established in this area, each named after its church. In the time of King Sigismund, their inhabitants fortified these settlements with a town wall. From the Middle Ages, there was also a port here, where a lively commercial life took place. After the occupation of Buda, the Turks converted the temples into mosques. In 1686, during the fighting for the recapture of Buda, the area was almost completely destroyed. After the siege, German merchants and craftsmen were settled here, who built their houses and churches in Baroque style. At the end of the 19th century, the banks of the Danube were lined with rows of palaces, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Some of the small streets, monumental churches and residential houses of the district still retain the atmosphere of old times.
Two major tram lines crosses the district:
- and goes on the Danube bank connecting Batthyány tér, Clark Ádám tér and Rudas Gyógyfürdő,
- and goes on Krisztina körút connecting Déli pályaudvar, Krisztina tér and Rudas Gyógyfürdő.
Major bus lines that come from the Pest side of Danube:
- , and goes on Széchenyi Chain Bridge,
- , , , , , and goes on Elisabeth Bridge.
Around Adam Clark Square (Clark Ádám tér)
All area of these district what is east from Castle Hill.
- 1 Castle Garden Bazaar (Várkert Bazár), I, Ybl Miklós tér 2-6 ( ), ✉ email@example.com. The building complex was built according to the plans of Miklós Ybl between 1875 and 1883 in the Neo-Renaissance style, as the closing of the Castle Garden from the Danube. Originally had commercial function, its arcades were once full of shops. In 1884, Alajos Strobl was the first sculptor to have his own studio in the arcade of the bazaar. He was followed by about eighty of his fellow artists over the next hundred year.
- 2 Southern Palaces (Déli paloták), I, Ybl Miklós tér 2-6 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:00–17:30. There is an exhibition called "A new world was born – 1914–1922", which guides visitors through the World War I. 2000 Ft.
- 3 Guard's Palace (Testőrpalota), I, Ybl Miklós tér 2-6 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Closed.
- 4 Neo-Renaissance Garden (Neoreneszánsz kert), I, Ybl Miklós tér 2-6 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 06:00-24:00. Free to visit.
- 5 Castle Garden Kiosk – Ybl Buda Creative House (Várkert-kioszk - Ybl Budai Kreatív Ház), I, Ybl Miklós tér 9 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 08:00–19:00, Sa Su 09:30–19:00. Exhibition space. The building was designed by Miklós Ybl. The construction was completed in 1882. It was originally built as the engine room of the Royal Palace’s water supply system. The Eclectic building is a decorative blend of Renaissance and Baroque style features. The Schröffl brothers (György and Ármin) were entrusted with the fine sculptural works, the grotesque murals made with the sgraffito technique were the works of Róbert Scholtz. The northern part of the building included the cafe (today's reception), the southern part included the mechanical equipment of the waterworks (large hall, arched hall), while the part above the engine room housed the engineer's apartment (gallery). Between the two parts rises the tower structure that hid the chimney of the steam boilers. Ybl thus masterfully hid the structure. Free entrance..
- 6 Statue of Miklós Ybl (Ybl Miklós-szobor), I, Ybl Miklós tér ( ). Made by Ede Mayer in 1896. Miklós Ybl was one of Europe's leading architects in the mid to late nineteenth century as well as Hungary's most influential architect during his career. His most well-known works are the Hungarian State Opera House, the Main Custom House, the Castle Garden Bazaar and the Saint Stephen's Basilica in Budapest.
- 7 Mosaic of Coat of Arms of Hungary (Magyarország címere mozaik), I, Clark Ádám tér ( ). Made by Károly Lotz in 1880.
- 8 Zero Kilometre Stone ("0" kilométerkő), I, Clark Ádám tér ( ). 3 m (9.8 ft) high limestone sculpture, forming a zero sign, with an inscription on its pedestal reading "KM" for kilometres. This stone marks the reference point from which all road distances to Budapest are measured in the country. The present sculpture is the work of Miklós Borsos and was erected in 1975.
- 9 Buda Castle Tunnel (Budai Váralagút), I, Clark Ádám tér ( ). 350 m (1,150 ft) meter long tunnel connecting Clark Ádám tér and Krisztinaváros. It was built between 1853–1857. The entrance was built in late Classicist style.
- 10 Museum of Hungarian Applied Folk Art (Magyar Népi Iparművészeti Múzeum), I, Fő utca 6 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–Sa 10:00-18:00. The Museum collects objects from the entire country and presents the history, outstanding creators, workshops and trends in applied folk art (embroidery, weaving, pottery, carving and folk crafts). Adult: 600 Ft; senior, student: 300 Ft.
- 11 Dwelling Houses along Main Street (Lakóházak a Fő utca mentén), I, Fő utca, Jégverem utca ( ). Fő utca 1: the Lánchíd Palace, two-storey Neo-Renaissance house, built between 1869–1869 according to plans of Miklós Ybl. Fő utca 2: two-storey Romantic house, built between 1861–1866 according to plans of Hugó Máltás. Fő utca 3: three-storey Neo-Renaissance house, built in 1871 according to plans of Imre Steindl. Fő utca 5: two-storey Romantic house, built between 1860–1862. Jégverem utca 2: three-storey Romantic house, built between 1860–1861 according to plans of Hugó Máltás. Jégverem utca 1: three-storey Romantic house, built in 1855 according to plans of József Pan. Fő utca 15: two-storey Eclectic house, built between 1885–1886 according to plans of Artúr Meinig. Fő utca 20: one-storey early Classicist house, built in 1811 according to plans of András Dankó.
- 12 Andrássy Palace (Andrássy-palota) ( / ). Built in 1878–1880 for Count Gyula Andrássy prime minister. Designer: Stephen Linzbauer. Franz Liszt held a charity concert with the participation of Franz Joseph in 1879 (in the time of construction!). During the Second World War used as a hospital. Since 1966 was a secret weapons factory. Frank Zappa (1991) and Jethro Tull (1994) held a music rehearsal.
Around Batthyány Square (Batthyány tér)
All area of these district what is north from Castle Hill.
- 13 Saint Elizabeth of Hungary Church (Árpád-házi Szent Erzsébet-templom), I, Fő utca 32 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Former Capuchin church and monastery. Built between 1697–1716 according to plans of Ottó Linzi. It has a romantic facade. It received a Romantic facade between 1854–1856.
- 14 Dwelling Houses on Corvin Square (Lakóházak a Corvin téren), I, Corvin tér, Szalag utca ( / ). Corvin tér 2: one-storey modified Baroque house, built around 1750. Corvin tér 3: one-storey modified Baroque house, built in 1725. Corvin tér 4: one-storey modified Baroque house, built around 1700. Corvin tér 5: one-storey modified Baroque house, built around 1800. Corvin tér 13: house with Zopf gate, built in 1800. Szalag utca 12: one-storey Classicist house, built around 1840. Szalag utca 18: one-storey Zopf house, built around 1800. Szalag utca 20: one-storey Zopf house, built around 1795.
- 15 Reformed Church (Református templom), I, Szilágyi Dezső tér ( / ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Built between 1893–1896 in Neo-Gothic style, according to plans of Samu Pecz.
- 16 Dwelling Houses along School Street (Lakóházak az Iskola utca mentén), I, Iskola utca, Donáti utca ( ). Iskola utca 12: two-storey early Classicist dwelling house, built around 1800. Iskola utca 14: one-storey Baroque house, built in 1746. Iskola utca 18: one-storey Baroque house, built in 1774. Iskola utca 20: one-storey Baroque house, built around 1700. Iskola utca 28: Romantic house, built around 1860. Iskola utca 32: one-storey late Classicist house, built in 1854. Iskola utca 31: one-storey Classicist house, built around 1840. Donáti utca 32: one-storey Classicist house, built in 1822. Donáti utca 34: one-storey Classicist house, built around 1825. Donáti utca 36: one-storey Classicist house with Eclectic facade, built around 1820.
- 17 Saint Anne Parish Church (Felsővízivárosi Szent Anna-plébániatemplom), I, Batthyány tér 7 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Baroque style roman catholic church. Its construction was started in 1740 according to the plans of master builder Kristóf Hamon, and after his death, Máté Nöpauer completed the building in 1761.
- 18 White Cross Inn (Fehér Kereszt vendégfogadó), I, Batthyány tér 4 ( ). One-storey building with two yards. Built around 1770 with Rococo facade.
- 19 Four Seasons House (Négy évszak-ház), I, Batthyány tér 3 ( ). Two-storey Zopf house, built between 1793–1795 according to the plans of Kristóf Hikisch.
- 20 Monastery and Church of the Nuns of Elizabeth (Erzsébet-apácák kolostora és temploma), I, Fő utca 41-43 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Turkish period stood on the site of this church, a mosque with a dervish monastery. After the liberation of Buda (1686), for the Bosnian Franciscans were building this, in thanks to their pastoral work during the Turkish occupation. The monastery was gradually expanded with seminar, theological college and extended with a rich library. The present Baroque church began Jakab Hans in 1731 to build, and the tower was not built until 1739–1741. The facade sculptures date from the Franciscans times. In the central niche is the Immaculata statue, right and left the statues of St. Francis and of St. Anthony can be seen. At the gate, the Franciscan coat of arms can be seen. Interior: At the entrance, on the right column of the holy water basin indicates a blackboard to the level of the flood of 1838. The ground plan of the nave Baroque church is rectangular. The frescoes of the apse have been painted by Károly Ferenc Innocent and Beder in 1890. The high altarpiece, the stigmata of St. Francis is, right and left are the statues of Peter and Paul; angels hold the attributes of the martyrdom of the two apostles. In the church there are eight side altars.
- 21 Várnegyed Gallery, I, Batthyány utca 67 ( ), ☏ . Tu–Sa 11:00–18:00. Art gallery.
- 22 Várfok Gallery, I, Várfok utca 11 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu–Sa 11:00–18:00. Art gallery.
- 24 Fest;tisztít Gallery, I, Várfok utca 8 ( ), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 17:30–20:30. Art gallery.
All area of these district what is west from Castle Hill.
- 25 Geometric Idea (Geometrikus kép), I, Magyar Jakobinusok tere ( ). Made by Victor Vasarely in 1986.
- 26 VárMező Gallery, I, Attila út 93 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M W F 09:00–16:30, Tu Th 09:00–19:00. Art gallery.
- 27 Hungarian Theatre Museum and Institute (Országos Színháztörténeti Múzeum és Intézet), I, Krisztina körút 57 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Th 10:00–16:00, F 10:00–14:00. Collections: photo gallery, recordings, manuscripts, art collection, small prints, model collection, scenic collection, show bill storage, audio and video collection. On the first floor, there is an exhibition with portraits of famous actors and actresses. Classicist building was built by Antal Áldásy around 1840. Free entrance.
- 28 (Krisztinavárosi Havas Boldogasszony-plébániatemplom), I, Krisztina tér ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. It was built in 1795 according to the plans of Kristóf Hikisch in Zopf style.
- 29 Kiskép Gallery, I, Krisztina körút 75/a ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–Sa 11:00–17:00. Art gallery.
- 30 Tér-Kép Gallery, I, Krisztina körút 83-85 ( ), ☏ . Tu 14:00–18:00, W–F 12:00–18:00, Sa 10:00–18:00. Art gallery.
All area of these district what is south from Castle Hill.
- 31 György Dózsa Monument (Dózsa György-emlékmű), I, Dózsa György tér ( ). It was created by István Kiss in 1961.
- 32 Semmelweis Medical History Museum (Semmelweis Orvostörténeti Múzeum), I, Apród utca 1-3 ( / / ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu–Su 10:00-18:00. The Museum aims to collect, process, preserve, research and make available to the general public tools, documents and works of art related to disease, healing and the history of the body. And the exploration and preservation of the scientific significance of Ignaz Semmelweis. It was the bithplace of Ignaz Semmelweis, who was a Hungarian physician and scientist, now known as an early pioneer of antiseptic procedures. The one-storey building was built around 1810 in Zopf style. Adult: 1400 Ft; senior, student: 700 Ft.
- 33 Saint Catherine of Alexandria Church (Alexandriai Szent Katalin-templom), I, Attila út 11 ( / / ), ☏ . Built in Baroque style between 1728 and 1736.
- 34 Benedek Virág House (Virág Benedek Ház), I, Döbrentei utca 9 ( / / ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. W–F 12:00–18:00, Sa Su 10:00–18:00. Exhibition place. One-storey Classicist residential house, built in 1811 according to plans of József Eckermann.
- 35 Fairytale Museum (Mesemúzeum), I, Döbrentei utca 15 ( / / ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Th Sa 10:00–17:00, Su 10:00–13:00. In the exhibition called “The World of the Hungarian Fairy Tale”, you can go on a fairy tale journey. The building is a two-storey corner house, rebuilt from a one-storey Baroque house in 1815, with a Classicist facade. Adult: 600 Ft; senior, children: 400 Ft.
- 36 Hauszmann House (Hauszmann-ház) ( / / ). Former residential house of Alajos Hauszmann, who was a Hungarian architect, professor. He was one of the most active and characteristic representatives of Historicism in Hungarian architecture. The three-storey house was built by his own designs in 1892 in Eclectic style.
- 37 Mandl House (Mandl-ház) ( / / ). This residential building has the narrowest facade in Budapest. It was built in 1898 according to the plans on Fülöp Weinréb and Frigyes Spiegel. The facade is only 6.2 m (20 ft) wide.
- 38 Statue of Empress Elisabeth (Erzsébet királyné-szobor), I, Döbrentei tér ( / ). It was created by György Zala in 1982. Empress Elisabeth was a queen of Hungary.
- 39 Saint Gerard Monument (Szent Gellért-szobor), I ( / ). The composition consists of two figures: the central figure is a 7 m (23 ft) high statue of Saint Gerard, made by Gyula Jankovits, while the side figure depicts the converted pagan Hungarian knight, the work of Aladár Gárdos. The ensemble of sculptures is surrounded by a semicircular “hall”, an arcaded building, the composition was designed by architect Imre Francsek in 1904. The overall picture is completed by a waterfall.
- 40 Garden of Philosophy (Filozófiai kert), I ( ). Statue group with representatives of world religions. It was created “for a better mutual understanding” by Nándor Wagner, and was set up in 2001. The statues in the circle are Abraham, Akhenaten, Jesus, Buddha, Laozi, the other three statues Francis of Assisi, Bodhidharma, Mahatma Gandhi.
- 41 Sculpture of Prince Buda and Princess Pest (Kilátókő-szobor - Buda királyfi és Pest királykisasszony), I ( ). It was created by Márta Lesenyei in 1982. It's like a 'Tactile Map'. From here there is a nice view to the Castle.
- 1 Budai Vigadó – Hungarian Heritage House (Hagyományok Háza), I, Corvin tér 8 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 08:00-18:00. Hungarian cultural center. It is a national institution founded in 2001 with the purpose of preserving and promoting Hungarian folk tradition. It is the home of the Hungarian State Folk Ensemble, one of Hungary’s most highly regarded folk ensembles. The group has been around since 1951 and aims to study and preserve Hungarian folk music, dance and costume culture and interpret it on stage for the public. They perform in the Budai Vigadó about 120 times a year.
- From the end of the 17th century, Buda was more prosperous than Pest, but by the 19th century Pest caught up with its neighbor both culturally and economically. The Pesti Vigadó was a place for arts and entertainment a long time ago on the Pest side of the Danube. In 1892 Károly Gerlóczy (the deputy mayor of Budapest) received a request from the citizens of Buda for a cultural center of their own, and so in 1897 the city council called for tenders. Aladár Árkay and his father in law Mór Kallina won the contest. Between 1898 and 1900 winners of the architectural competition faced a demanding project: building a theatre and library to suit the needs of the residents of Buda on the site of a former arsenal. The two story Eclectic building was opened in January 1900 with a charity ball. Today the Ballroom is the theatre hall which can seat 301 people. The Budai Vigadó was considerably damaged in World War II, and was restored in 2007. The outside of the building is constructed in relatively simple, Eclectic style, but the interior boasts an impressive Art-Nouveau hall with a marble staircase and pillars and a spacious, ornate theatre.
- 2 French Institute (Francia Intézet, Institut Français), I, Fő utca 17 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Th 08:00–19:00, F 09:00–18:00, Sa 08:00-17:00. French cultural center. There is a three-storey media library with more than 42,000 documents, six computer with internet access; also here French language courses; cultural events: art, music, film, publishing, theatre, design.
- 3 Sándor Márai Cultural Centre (Márai Sándor Kulturális Központ), I, Krisztina tér 1 ( ), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4 Anna Jókai Salon (Jókai Anna Szalon), I, Iskola utca 28 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Art salon and community house.
- 5 Trip, I, Szilágyi Dezső tér, pier 2 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Trip Terrace Bar: M–Sa 16:00–01:00. Standing ship on the Danube river. The ship was built in 1939. Since 2004, it is an event venue with theatrical performances, live concerts and DJs.
- 6 Tabán Art Cinema, I, Krisztina körút 87-89 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Adult: 1500 Ft; senior, student: 1200 Ft.
- 7 Rudas Thermal Bath (Rudas Gyógyfürdő), I, Döbrentei tér 9 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 06:00–20:00. This is where to go if you are looking for an authentic Turkish feel with its 16th century dome encrusted of colored glass. Wide range of services available: thermal spa, swimming pool, sauna, steam chambers, solarium, massage and spa boutique. It is quite popular among locals. While it was a men-only bath, it now allows access to men and women. It is much more authentic than Gellért or Széchenyi. Like Király, the baths have a main pool (36 °C (97 °F)) with adjoining small pools (12 °C (54 °F), 28 °C (82 °F), 30 °C (86 °F), 33 °C (91 °F) and 42 °C (108 °F)), steam room and dry sauna. Rudas has more small pools than Király and seems in better condition. Bring a towel and your swimwear and you are set for the swimming hall (but you will look like a tourist in the bath section with a swimwear – they will provide you with a very small towel). There is also a very nice rest room, where you can chill outside the water. The staff has got very limited English. 4900 Ft–5900 Ft.
- The bath was built in 1550, during the time of Ottoman rule. It retains many of the key elements of a Turkish bath, exemplified by its Turkish dome and octagonal pool. The Turkish bath called as 'ilidzha' or 'kaplidzha'. The spa building form an elongated stretch. It consists three parts: the southern part of the building is a disused bottling plant, the swimming pool is in middle, end of the building complex located the Turkish dome. Between the Turkish bath and swimming pool is the reception hall. It re-opened at the beginning of 2006. Close to the Bath 21 hot springs located. The largest hot springs is the Árpád I.-II.-III., Beatrice, Matthias, Gül Baba, a Turkish, Kossuth, Kara Mustafa and the Rákóczi. The Hygieia and Diana hot springs supplies the swimming pool. In the drinking hall, the water of Attila and Juventus springs is potable.
- 8 Rác Thermal Bath (Rác gyógyfürdő), I, Hadnagy utca 8-10 ( / ). The Bath is closed in 2021 due to legal disputes. The oldest part of the Rácz Bath is the Turkish Cupola, built in 1572, which was called Kücsük Ilica (Small Thermal) at the time. This cupola remained in a very good state through the centuries. The windows, reveals, kurnas (marble basins on the walls), the pool and the floor are still the original ones perfectly renovated to their authentic state thus it looks and can be used like back in the 16th century. The Ybl Baths and Shower Corridor was constructed and built by Miklós Ybl in two phases between 1865 and 1870. The second, Imperial Cupola, built in 1870. Marble is the main material used and several symbolic elements of the age’s modernity can be found on the walls, mostly demolished. The Flora Bath section, built in 1865, was styled after the ancient Roman Baths which, and now serves as the dedicated VIP section of the complex. The current spa was built adjacent to the historical buildings in the 21st century and accommodates the latest treatments and services with 21 treatment rooms, a business room and a special VIP area.
- 9 Vérmező Park, I ( ). Park named after the execution of the Hungarian Jacobins.
- 10 Horváth Park (Horváth-kert), I ( ). Park named after its former owner, Zsigmond Szentgyörgyi Horváth.
- 11 Tabán Park, I ( / ). It is a green area on the slopes of Naphegy and Gellért Hill. It was established in 1935 after a large part of the previously densely built-up neighbourhood was demolished.
- 12 Gellért Hill (Gellért-hegy), I ( / ). Gellért Hill is partly a protected parkland. See more in South Buda district guide.
- 13 Daily Fitness, I, Pálya utca 9 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 07:00–22:00, Sa Su 09:00–20:00. Squash: 2390 Ft–4290 Ft for 60 min.
- Avenue of Hungarian Flavours (Magyar Ízek Utcája), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Gastronomic fair. In August. Free.
- Tabán Festival, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Rock concerts. In August. Free.
- 1 Batthyány Square Market Hall (Batthyány téri vásárcsarnok), I, Batthyány tér 5 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Spar Supermarket: M–F 06:00–19:00, Sa 07:00–19:00, Su 07:00–18:00; Steamhouse Cafe: M–F 08:00–17:00, Sa 09:00–15:00. Two floor establishment with some small shops. Services: supermarket, drug store, pharmacy, cafe.
- 2 Czakó Small Farmer's Market (Czakó Termelői Piacz), I, Czakó utca 15 ( ), ✉ email@example.com. Sa Su 08:00–14:00.
- 3 Prima, I, Krisztina körút 37 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 06:00–19:00. Supermarket.
- 4 Prima, I, Batthyány utca 28 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 06:30–19:0, Sa 07:00–17:00, Su 08:00–17:00. Convenience shop.
- 5 Spar, I, Mészáros utca 12 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Sa 07:00–19:00. Convenience shop.
- 6 EnniValó, I, Batthyány utca 48 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 07:00–19:00, Sa 08:00–13:00. Deli shop, cafe and bistro.
- 7 Füge Cafe, I, Szirtes út 19 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 07:00–21:00. Deli shop, cafe and confectionery.
- 8 Grandma's Grocery (A Nagymama Házi Boltja), I, Pauler utca 5 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu–F 10:00–21:00. Sells home-made products like meat, sausage, salami, beef, pork, ribs, sausage, poultry, ham.
- 9 Cho Coco, I, Pauler utca 7 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 07:30–18:00. Chocolate shop and cafe. Sells high-quality chocolate products from different parts of the world.
- 10 Cocó 7, I, Hattyú utca 1 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 09:00–19:00, Sa Su 10:00–18:00. Chocolate shop and cafe. Hand made chocolates, cakes, pastries, coffee and tea.
- 11 Les Cadeaux de Flore, I, Hattyú utca 4 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 12:00–19:00, Sa Su 11:00–16:00. Sweet shop. French style confiserie sweets in custom designed gift boxes.
- 12 Prezent, I, Döbrentei utca 16 ( / / ), ✉ email@example.com. 10:30–19:00. Small gift shop made locally with sustainable, organic or refurbished clothes, bags and items.
- 13 Zhao Zhou, I, Lánchíd utca 5 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. W–F 13:00–19:00, Sa 11:00–17:00. Tea house. Here you can taste and buy tea leaves from Asia.
|This page uses the following price ranges for a typical meal for one, including soft drink:|
|Budget||Under 1900 Ft|
|Mid-range||1900 Ft–3300 Ft|
|Splurge||Over 3300 Ft|
- 1 Alexis Restaurant, I, Mészáros utca 13 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 08:00–16:00. Food bar. 1100 Ft.
- 2 Cafe Cream, I, Pálya utca 9 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 08:00–16:00. Cafe and food bar. 1100 Ft, lunch menu: 1350 Ft.
- 3 Déli 12, I, Krisztina körút 39 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 11:00–16:00, Sa 11:00–15:00. Self-service restaurant. 1280 Ft, lunch menu: 990 Ft.
- 4 Fuszulyka Restaurant, Krisztina körút 37 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 08:00–15:00. Self-service restaurant.
- 5 Kicsi Csángó Hungarian Kitchen (Kicsi Csángó Magyar Konyha), I, Alagút utca 1 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M Su 10:00–19:00, Tu–Sa 10:00–00:00. Food bar with local cuisine. 1350 Ft.
- 6 Mex Kitchen, I, Pauler utca 5 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Th 11:00–20:00, F 11:00–16:00. Mexican food bar. 1400 Ft.
- 7 Szelence Cafe, I, Pauler utca 8 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 09:00–16:00. Cafe, healthy lunch and breakfast. Lunch menu: 1490 Ft.
- 8 Csabi and the Burger Box, I, Fő utca 60 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 11:30–18:30, Sa 11:00–16:00. Fast food bar. Hamburger: 1190 Ft.
- 9 Granny’s Pancake House (Nagyi Palacsintázója), I, Batthyány tér 5 ( ), ☏ . 24 hours daily. Sweet and salt pancakes with various fillings. Sweet pencake from 320 Ft, salty pencake from 450 Ft.
- 11 Magic Chicken (Csoda Csibe), I, Batthyány utca 2 ( ), ☏ . M–F 11:00–15:00. Sandwich bar. 1150 Ft.
- 12 MyCanteen, I, Fő utca 40 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 10:45–15:00. Self-service restaurant with local cuisine. 1200 Ft, lunch menu: 1200 Ft.
- 13 Reinpold's Kolbice, I, Csalogány utca 6-10 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Th 08:00–17:00, F 08:00–16:00. Fast food bar. Hamburger: 1290 Ft.
- 14 Đăng Mười, I, Attila út 125 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Sa 10:00–22:00, Su 11:00–22:00. Vietnamese restaurant. 1985 Ft.
- 15 Hội An, I, Mészáros utca 10 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Sa 11:00–22:00, Su 11:00–17:00. Vietnamese restaurant. 1690 Ft.
- 16 Noor, I, Alagút utca 4 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 12:00–00:00. Middle Eastern restaurant with Lebanese cuisine. 2600 Ft.
- 17 Pegenini Restaurant, I, Zsolt utca 8/b ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Th 11:30–15:00, F 11:30–14:00. Self-service restaurant. 1590 Ft, lunch menu: 1090 Ft.
- 18 Arriba! Taqueria, I, Széna tér 1/a ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 11:00–22:00. Mexican food bar. 2190 Ft.
- 19 Corvin Cafe and Bistro, I, Corvin tér ( / ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 09:00–22:00. Cafe, lunch and breakfast. 1970 Ft, hamburger: 1420 Ft.
- 20 Édeni Vegán Restaurant, I, Iskola utca 31 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 11:00–20:00. Vegan food bar. 1790 Ft, vegan burger: 1590 Ft, lunch menu: 1990 Ft.
- 21 Huculka, I, Batthyány utca 15 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 08:00–16:00. Cafe, lunch and breakfast. Lunch menu: 1590 Ft.
- 22 Ildikó's Kitchen (Ildikó konyhája), I, Fő utca 8 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 11:30–15:00. Lovely restaurant where you can eat traditional Hungarian food. The menu includes goulash and pancakes. 1640 Ft, lunch menu: 1470 Ft.
- 23 Róma Food Bar, I, Csalogány utca 20 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:00–16:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 2300 Ft.
- 24 Toldi's Kitchen (Toldi konyhája), I, Batthyány utca 14 ( / ), ☏ . M–F 11:00–16:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 1790 Ft, lunch menu: 890 Ft.
- 25 Vigadó Restaurant, I, Markovits Iván utca 4 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 10:00–22:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 2695 Ft.
- 26 Czakó Kert, I, Czakó utca 15 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 08:00–22:30. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 3245 Ft.
- 27 Horváth Restaurant, I, Krisztina tér 3 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 11:00–23:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 2890 Ft, lunch menu: 1400 Ft.
- 28 Mákos Guba Bistro, I, Krisztina körút 65-67 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 11:00–20:00, Sa 12:00–20:00, Su 12:00–18:00. Traditional restaurant. 2959 Ft, lunch menu: 1639 Ft.
- 29 Aranyszarvas Restaurant, I, Szarvas tér 1 ( / / ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 11:00–22:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. The building is the Deer House (Szarvas-ház) with the former Deer Cafe, which was built in Zopf style. There is a relief above the gate, a Guildtable for the former cafeteria. The 'guildtable', a copy made in 1811, replacing the 17th century destroyed original artwork. 3200 Ft, lunch menu: 1550 Ft.
- 30 Tabáni Gösser Restaurant, I, Attila út 19 ( / / ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 12:00–22:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 3180 Ft.
- 31 Tabáni Kakas, I, Attila út 27 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu–Sa 11:00–22:00, Su 11:00–17:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. 2990 Ft, lunch menu: 1690 Ft.
- 32 Ennmann, I, Bem rakpart 20 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 12:00–22:00. Japanese restaurant with sushi. 2850 Ft.
- 33 Franziska, I, Iskola utca 29 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 08:00–16:00, Sa Su 08:30–16:00. Cafe, lunch and breakfast. 2690 Ft.
- 34 Lánchíd Pub (Lánchíd Söröző), I, Fő utca 4 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:00–00:00. Traditional restaurant and pub with local cuisine. 3135 Ft.
- 35 Monkey Bistro, I, Ybl Miklós tér 4 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu–Sa 17:00–00:00. Bar terrace and restaurant. 2900 Ft.
- 36 Polo Pub, I, Batthyány utca 4 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Sa 12:00–23:00. English-style pub and restaurant with local cuisine. 2945 Ft.
- 37 Vagon Restaurant, I, Krisztina körút ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 11:00–23:00. Traditional restaurant with local cuisine. It is located in a standalone railway wagon. 3500 Ft.
- 38 Ybl Bistro, I, Ybl Miklós tér 2 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:00–22:00. Traditional restaurant with local and international cuisine. 3290 Ft.
Cafe and breakfast
- 1 Csészényi Cafe, I, Krisztina körút 34 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 08:00–22:00, Sa Su 10:00–20:00. Cafe and breakfast.
- 2 Délibáb Brunch and Bistro, I, Krisztina körút 39 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 07:00–18:00, Sa 08:00–17:00. Cafe and breakfast.
- 3 Le Petit Boulanger (A kis pékinas), I, Mészáros utca 2 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Th 07:30–18:00, F 07:30–16:00, Sa 07:00–14:00. Bakery and cafe.
- 4 Rojt és Bojt kávéskuckó, I, Kosciuszkó Tádé utca 4 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 07:30–18:00, Sa 09:00–13:00. Cafe and breakfast.
- 5 Sis and Bro Boutique Cafe, I, Pauler utca 11 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 07:00–17:00. Cafe and breakfast.
- 6 Zsivány, I, Krisztina körút 91 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 09:00–17:00. Cafe and breakfast.
- 7 Arch and Beans Kávé Művek, I, Mária tér 4 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 07:30–16:30. Cafe and breakfast.
- 8 Coyote Coffee, I, Markovits Iván utca 4 ( ), ☏ . M–F 07:30–21:00, Sa 09:00–20:00, Su 09:00–19:00. Cafe and breakfast.
- 9 Hattyú Cafe, I, Hattyú utca 14 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M Tu 07:00–00:00, W–F 07:00–02:00, Sa 08:00–02:00, Su 08:00–00:00. Cafe and breakfast.
- 10 Kaffantó Cafe, I, Batthyány utca 12 ( / ), ☏ . M–F 08:00–18:00, Sa Su 09:00–16:00. Cafe and breakfast.
- 11 Kávé Pacza, I, Várfok utca 15/b ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 07:30–18:00, Sa 09:00–14:00. Cafe and breakfast.
- 12 OilBar Cafe, I, Donáti utca 21 ( ), ☏ . M–Th Su 09:00–18:00, F Sa 09:00–20:00. Cafe and breakfast.
- 13 Pékműhely, I, Batthyány utca 24 ( / ), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 07:00–19:00, Sa 08:00–13:00. Bakery and cafe.
- 14 Toscana Club Caffe, I, Lánchíd utca 15-17 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:00–18:00. Cafe, breakfast and deli shop.
- 15 Zërgë, I, Fő utca 7 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Sa 08:00–15:00. Cafe and breakfast.
Cafe and confectionery
- 16 Kemenes Confectionery, I, Attila út 12 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 07:00–19:00, Sa Su 09:00–19:00. Confectionery and cafe.
- 17 Mandulás Confectionery, I, Zsolt utca 8/b ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 09:00–17:00, Sa 11:00–17:00. Confectionery and cafe.
- 18 Uncle Béla's Confectionery (Béla Bácsi Cukrászdája), I, Mészáros utca 14 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Sa 10:00–15:00, Su 10:00–14:00. Confectionery and cafe.
- 19 Asztalka, I, Döbrentei utca 15 ( / / ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. W–F 11:00–18:00, Sa Su 11:00–19:00. Confectionery and cafe.
- 20 Cupcake, I, Iskola utca 34 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 10:00–18:00, Sa 10:00–16:00. Cupcake shop and cafe.
- 21 Pillók Confectionery, I, Batthyány utca 15 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 07:00–18:00, Sa Su 10:00–18:00. Confectionery and cafe.
- 22 Cheap-Cheap Csóka, I, Alkotás utca 34 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 12:00–22:00, Sa Su 15:00–22:00. Pub.
- 23 Falánk Faló Pub, I, Gellérthegy utca 1 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 14:00–03:00. Pub.
- 24 Illúzió Pub (Illúzió Sörbár), I, Attila út 75 ( ), ☏ . M–F 15:00–23:00, Sa Su 17:00–23:00. Pub.
- 25 RS ½9 Kultúrkör, I, Pauler utca 10 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:00–23:00. Pub.
- 26 Mr. & Mrs. Columbo Pub, I, Szarvas tér 1 ( / / ), ☏ . M 17:00–23:00, Tu–Sa 16:00–23:00. Pub with some food.
- 27 Casanova Pub, I, Batthyány tér 4 ( ), ☏ . 16:00–00:00. Pub.
- 28 House of Sausages (Kolbászda), I, Gyorskocsi utca 6 ( ), ☏ . 11:00–22:00. Bavarian pub with beers, soups and sausages. Average meal: 2490 Ft.
- 29 Isolabella Cafe and Pub, I, Iskola utca 36 ( ), ☏ . M–F 09:00–00:00, Sa Su 12:00–00:00. Pub.
- 30 Macskakő Coffee Inn, Apor Péter utca 4 ( ). 18:00–02:00. Pub.
- 31 Mátra Pub (Mátra Borozó), I, Corvin tér 1 ( / ), ☏ . M–Sa 12:00–00:00. Pub.
- 32 Móri Pub, I, Hattyú utca 16 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Th 16:00–00:00, F Sa 16:00–01:00. Pub.
- 33 Street Pub, I, Széna tér 1/a ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Th 15:00–00:00, F 15:00–02:00, Sa 16:00–02:00, Su 16:00–00:00. Pub.
- 34 Szomjas Hattyú Pub, I, Hattyú utca 18 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–W 14:00–01:00, Th–Sa 14:00–02:00, Su 14:00–23:00. Pub.
- 35 Bereg Embassy Bar and Cafe, I, Batthyány utca 49/b ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 08:00–23:00, Sa Su 12:00–23:00. Open-air bar and restaurant. Average meal: 2740 Ft.
- 36 Cafe Unplugged, I, Várfok utca 15/b ( ), ☏ . M–Th 11:00–23:00, F Sa 11:00–02:00. Bar.
- 37 Habibi Vár, I, Hunyadi János út 9 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Sa 10:00–00:00, Su 11:00–00:00. Shisha bar.
- 38 Nico Bar, I, Bem rakpart 15 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–Sa 16:00–00:00. Bar.
- 39 Oscar Bar, I, Ostrom utca 14 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. W Th 17:00–00:00, F Sa 17:00–03:00. Bar.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
|Budget||Under 28,000 Ft|
|Mid-range||28,000 Ft–47,000 Ft|
|Splurge||Over 47,000 Ft|
- 1 Budavár B&B, I, Szabó Ilonka utca 15/a ( / ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 10:30. 5 rooms. Double room: 15,945 Ft.
- 2 Hotel Orion Várkert, I, Döbrentei utca 13 ( / / ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 3-star hotel with 30 rooms. Single room: 18,550 Ft, double room: 23,435 Ft.
- 3 Ibis Budapest Castle Hill Hotel, I, Krisztina körút 41-43 ( ), ☏ , fax: , ✉ HB427@accor.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 3-star hotel with 150 rooms. Double room: 16,685 Ft.
- 4 Gold Hotel, I, Hegyalja út 14 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 09:00, check-out: 11:00. 4-star hotel with 24 rooms, 7 apartments. Double room: 28,810 Ft.
- 5 Hotel Castle Garden, I, Lovas út 41 ( / ), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. 4-star hotel with 28 rooms. Double room: 33,990 Ft.
- 6 Hotel Charles, I, Hegyalja út 23 ( ), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. 3-star hotel with 65 rooms. Self-catering in a communist-era slabː standard studio, deluxe studio, deluxe apartment. Double room: 30,375 Ft.
- 7 Milford Suites, I, Toldy Ferenc utca 12 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 13 apartments. Apartment for two persons: 45,185 Ft.
- 8 Monastery Boutique Hotel, I, Fő utca 30 ( / ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Moné Restaurant: M–Sa 12:00–23:00, Su 11:00–23:00. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. 4-star hotel with 47 rooms. Traditional restaurant with international cuisine. Double room: 46,670 Ft, average meal: 2980 Ft.
- 9 Art'otel, I, Bem rakpart 16-19 ( / ), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Design hotel with 165 rooms. Double room: 61,555 Ft.
- 10 Carlton Hotel, I, Apor Péter utca 3 ( ), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 4-star hotel with 95 rooms. Double room: 47,550 Ft.
- 11 Hotel Clark, I, Clark Ádám tér 1 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 4-star hotel with 86 rooms (only for adults). Double room: 71,225 Ft.
- 12 Hotel Victoria, I, Bem rakpart 11 ( / ), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. 4-star hotel with 27 rooms. Double room: 48,785 Ft.
- 13 Lánchíd 19 Design Hotel, I, Lánchíd utca 19 ( ), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. 4-star hotel with 48 rooms and riverside view. Double room: 54,350 Ft.