Buskerud is a fylke (county) in Norway, located west and north west of Oslo. Buskerud cover the area from the Drammensfjorden in the south, covering parts of Hardangervidda in the west, and reaching almost to Jotunheimen in the north. Buskerud includes the valleys Hallingdal, Sigdal/Eggedal (calling itself Kunstnerdalen - Artist's Valley) and Numedal. Buskerud's valleys are home to a number of ancient wooden buildings, notably several of Norway's surving stave churches.
Towns and regions
- Oslo Airport(IATA: OSL), located 70 km east of Hønefoss and 90 km northeast of Drammen. This is a major international airport, with flights also to the USA. Trains to Oslo and Drammen with Flytoget.
- Sandefjord Torp Airport (IATA: TRF) near Sandefjord has flights to some major and minor cities around Norway and Europe, including Amsterdam, Copenhagen, London, Warsaw. There is a free transfer bus to a nearby railway station, which has trains to Oslo and Drammen.
All westbound railway lines from Oslo goes through parts of Buskerud:
- Trains on Bergensbanen between Oslo and Bergen stop at Drammen, Hønefoss, Gol, Ål, Geilo. Some trains stop also at Hokksund, Vikersund, Flå, Nesbyen, Ustaoset.
- Trains between Oslo and Kristiansand and further to Stavanger also stop at Drammen, Hokksund and Kongsberg, and at Sandefjord Torp airport station.
- Regional trains between Oslo and Kongsberg (via Drammen) are faster and skip smaller stops east of Drammen.
- Local trains go between Oslo and Drammen and between Oslo and Spikkestad.
Tickets are sold by NSB
- Several coach and bus lines connects Buskerud to other parts of Norway. See rutebok.no
- Trains, as described in the Get in section. Tickets are sold by NSB.
- Local buses; tickets and info by Brakar (Norwegian only). Route info on rutebok.no (also in English).
- Blaavarveverket in Modum
- Kittelsenmuseet in Sigdal
- Kongsberg Sølvgruver in Kongsberg
- Krøderbanen in Modum and Krødsherad
- Skredsvigstua in Sigdal
- Spiralen in Drammen
- Vikersund Hoppsenter in Vikersund
- Åspaviljongen in Drammen
- Stave churches in Numedal and Hallingdal
- Hiking in Finnemarka
- Walk along Kjøsterudjuvet in Drammen
- Skiing in Drammen, Hallingdal, Hemsedal, Kongsberg, Vikersund.
- Outdoor go-cart in Sigdal