At a distance of about 23 km north of Bytom is located international airport "Katowice" in Pyrzowice.
In addition, at a distance of about 80 km there is the Krakow-Balice International Airport. It is the largest regional airport in the country and the second after Warsaw airport by number of passengers. It supports persistent connections cruise with more than 20 airlines: Air France, Eurolot, LOT, Lufthansa.
70-90 km from Bytom is the Ostrava-Mošnov international airport in the Czech Republic. With its services are used by almost 15 airlines: Austrian Airlines, Air Europa and Fischer Air.
The 1 Bytom railway station is located on the southern edge of the historical centre.
Bytom is an important road junction. It lies on the crossroads of major routes of regional, national and international levels. Thus provides good connections to the cities of the Upper Silesian agglomeration and the major urban centers in the country, but also from countries: Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany and Ukraine. Additional road connections with the city on the north-south A1 highway provides.
The main public transport company in Bytom is KZK GOP, which supports the tram and bus stops. On his instructions, all tram lines are operated by the company Silesian Trams and bus services include, among others the PKM Katowice, PKM Świerklaniec and Nowak Transport.
The 2 Bytom bus station can be reached by the following bus lines (KZK GOP and MZKP): 14, 17, 19, 20, 24, 39, 42, 52, 53, 85, 91, 92, 94, 99, 104, 114, 127, 132 , 135, 146, 148 (167), 169, 173, 176, 183, 184, 185, 192, 201, 227, 280, 608, 623, 700, 708, 734, 735, 750, 820, 830, 850 and bus stations.
- 1 Upper Silesia Museum (Muzeum Górnośląskie), plac Sobieskiego 2, ☏ . Tu and F 09:00—15:00, W-Th 10:00—18:00, Sa Su 12:00—18:00, M closed. 10 zł regular, 5 zł reduced. On Su free access to permanent exhibitions.
- 2 Żabie Doły.
- Raid shelter in Miechowice, Kasztanowa. Built during the Second World War, the shelter had a capacity of 250 people in a room of 2 meters high in case of an attack.
- Family crypt Tiele von Winckler in holy cross church
- Szombierki Heat Power Station
- Cemetery Mater Dolosa and Jewish.
- 3 Shaft "Krystyna" in Szombierki (Szyb "Krystyna").
- 4 Kolonia Zgorzelec (Skorzeletz), ul. Kolonia Zgorzelec. Some typical working class houses built for people working in the steel mill Huta Zygmunt and their families. These houses got built between 1897 and 1901. The neighborhood consists of 34 buildings for either two or four families. Parts of the buildings are uninhabited.
- 5 Statue of the Sleeping Lion (Lew śpiący / Schlafender Löwe), Rynek. The statue is on the main Rynek square in Bytom.
- Saint John's Eve
- Half marathon
- Bytom Day
- Festival strange cool
- Bytom antiques fair in Szombierki
- 1 Agora Bytom, plac Kościuszki 1, ☏ .
- 2 Atrium Plejada, Aleja Jana Nowaka-Jeziorańskiego 25, ☏ .
- 3 M1 Bytom, Strzelców Bytomskich 96, ☏ .
In street Dworcowa and Plac Sikorskiego you can find some free hotspots.
Upper Silesia Narrow Gauge Railway, which is 21 km long, drive with Bytom to Miasteczko śląskie (silesia country town). Along the way you can get off to get to the reservoir in Chechło.