North America > United States of America > Rocky Mountains (United States of America) > Colorado > South Central Colorado > Cañon CityJump to navigation Jump to search
Cañon City is directly linked to Pueblo by US Route 50. From Colorado Springs, go south on State Route 115, then west on US Route 50.
Cañon City's main road is Royal Gorge Boulevard, which is part of US Route 50.
- 1 Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, 4218 County Rd 3A, ☏ , toll-free: . The world's highest suspension bridge, aerial cable car, and many more attractions. Don't miss the SkyCoaster!
- 2 Royal Gorge Route, ☏ , toll-free: . Train ride through the floor of Royal Gorge, with specialty excursions featuring lunch, and murder mystery and wine-maker dinners. Closed for the Winter check the schedule to see when opens usually around middle of March.
- 3 Royal Gorge Regional Museum & History Center, 612 Royal Gorge Blvd, ☏ . Come see amazing fossils of dinosaurs and also a complete Stegosaurus.
- The Winery at Holy Cross Abbey, 3011 East Highway 50, ☏ . The tasting room and gift shop is open Monday through Saturday from 10AM-6PM, and on Sundays from 12PM-5PM.
- 4 Museum of Colorado Prisons, 201 N 1st St, ☏ . The Museum of Colorado Prisons, located on the grounds of the "Old Max," a prison still in operation, tells the story of Canon City's colorful prison history. See old photographs and prison implements, including the old gas chamber
- Royal Gorge Zip Line Tours, 45045 Hwy 50 West, ☏ .
- Skyline Drive. a one-way road, and the entrance is about 3 miles west of Canon City on U.S. Highway 50. The 3-mile drive, constructed by inmates from the state prison in the early 20th century, takes you hundreds of feet up a ridge overlooking Canon City and the Arkansas River Valley
- Tunnel Drive. Beautiful Walking Trail next to the Arkansas River
- 1 American Adventure Expeditions, 41746 W US Hwy 50, ☏ . Offering white water rafting trips on the Arkansas River for all ages and skill levels. Enjoy the intense rapids of the Royal Gorge Canyon or the beautiful bighorn sheep in Bighorn Sheep Canyon. The only outpost on the river in the Royal Gorge. Overnight and full day trips available.
- 2 River Runners Royal Gorge Rafting Center (Rafting Canon City, Colorado), 44641 US Hwy 50 (8 Miles west of Canon City, Colorado on US HWY 50), toll-free: . Since 1972 River Runners has been providing fully guided family friendly whitewater rafting trips daily at their Riverside Rafting Resort in Buena Vista, Colorado and Royal Gorge Rafting Center in Canon City, Colorado. Raft the Royal Gorge and Bighorn Sheep Canyon on the Arkansas River.
- 3 Lost Paddle Rafting, 1420 Royal Gorge Blvd, ☏ . Half-day to multi-day overnight trips on the Arkansas River. Daily trips through the Royal Gorge.
- 1 The Gold Mine Rock Shop, 44864 W US Hwy 50, ☏ . a great place for rock hounds to get all different types of rocks and different qualities.
- 2 New Horizons Thrift Store, 3170 E. Main St, ☏ .
- 3 Tailored West, 502 Main St, ☏ . unique shopping experience for women's clothing, footwear, and accessories.
- 1 White Water Bar & Grill, 4505 Hwy 50 W, ☏ .
- 2 8 Mile Bar & Grill, 45000 W US Hwy 50, ☏ .
- 3 Pizza Madness, 509 Main St, ☏ .
- 4 Chicago Bob's BBQ, 120 S 15th St, ☏ .
- 5 Royal Gorge Brewing Co. & Restaurant, 413 Main St, ☏ . Mon - Thurs 11AM - 10PM; Fri - Sat 11AM - 11PM; Sun 11AM - 10PM.
- 6 Dirito's Italian Restaurant, 231 Main St, ☏ . Tues -Thurs 11AM - 8PM; Fri - Sat 11AM - 9PM.
- Bunk House Burgers, 2147 Fremont Dr, Cañon City, ☏ . 11am-8pm.
- 1 Best Western Canon City, 110 Latigo Ln, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- The Royal Gorge Inn, 217 N. Raynolds, ☏ .
- 2 Hampton Inn Canon City, 102 McCormick Pkwy, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 3 Super 8 Canon City, 209 N 19th St, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11PM.
- 4 Quality Inn & Suites, 3075 E. US 50, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
|Routes through Cañon City|
|Grand Junction ← Salida ←||W E||→ Pueblo → Dodge City|