The Colorado Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau:
- Visitor Information Center, 515 S. Cascade Ave. Off-season: M-F 8:30AM-5PM, summer season: daily 8AM-6PM.
- 1 Colorado Springs Municipal Airport (COS IATA) (11 miles east of downtown Colorado Springs). This is a full-service airport, but small enough to be able to get in and out quickly. Free wireless internet. It's a very nice place to wait for an hour or two if you arrive early for your flight. The airlines that serve Colarado Springs are American, Delta, Frontier, and United.
- Pueblo Memorial Airport (PUB IATA) - Small full-service airport 40 miles south of downtown offering regional commercial air service.
- Denver International Airport (DEN IATA) - 80 miles north of Colorado Springs. Groome Transportation has hourly shuttle service between Colorado Springs and DEN; it is also possible to take the A Line rail to downtown Denver and then Bustang or Greyhound to Colorado Springs.
- Interstate 25 is the only Interstate, running north-south through the city. Colorado Highway 83 provides a secondary route between East Denver and The Springs. US Highway 24 connects the city with mountain communities to the West and Limon, Colorado on the Eastern Plains.
- Denver is 70 miles north on I-25.
- Albuquerque is about 380 miles south on I-25.
Greyhound runs bus services up to five times per day from Denver and at least once daily from other cities in Colorado and neighbouring states. The 2 Greyhound bus terminal is located at 120 S Weber St in downtown.
Bustang also runs service from Denver and Pueblo.
Colorado Springs lies along the foothills east of the Rocky Mountains. It runs north-south along I-25, with the Air Force Academy to the North, downtown to the south, and Pikes Peak rising in the west.
- 1 Garden of the Gods, 1805 N 30th St. (I25 Exit west 2.5 mi, then south on 30th St), ☏ . 5AM-11PM. A series of dramatic sandstone formations, enclosed by a city park. Excellent for hiking and technical rock climbing. Free.
- 2 Pikes Peak (West about 10 miles on Cimarron St./Rt 24), toll-free: . May-Sept 7AM-7PM. The most famous peak in Colorado, inspiring the song "America the Beautiful", dominates over the city to the west. Drive to the top, or ascend by Cog Rail. Feeling fit? Hike up Barr Trail to the summit, especially beautiful in the summer with all the wild flowers. Feeling really fit? Run up during the Pikes Peak Ascent or run up and down in the Pikes Peak Marathon. $10 per person/$35 per car.
- 3 Rock Ledge Ranch (across 30th St from the Garden of the Gods visitor center, left at the main entrance to Garden of the Gods), ☏ . June–August and special events. A seasonal living history museum ranging across four time periods encompassing authentic American Indian, early settler, Victorian and Edwardian eras. $4-8.
- 4 Cave of the Winds (West about 6 miles on Cimarron St./Rt 24), ☏ . 9AM-9PM. A series of caves near Manitou Springs, offering tours. ~$20.
- 5 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, 4250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Rd (I-25 Exit 138, west to the Broadmoor Hotel, then right and follow signs), ☏ . 9AM-6PM. A small, scenic mountain zoo with many exotic animals. $12.
- 6 Seven Falls (West on West Cheyenne Blvd), ☏ . A privately owned series of falls and nature trails. Fills up quickly on weekends, but you can instead visit neighboring Helen Hunt Falls. $9 Adult, $5.50 child.
- 7 Helen Hunt Falls (West on West Cheyenne Blvd, right at sign). A short hike to some great views, within North Cheyenne Cañon City Park. free.
- 8 United States Olympic Training Center, 1 Olympic Plaza, ☏ . Major U.S. Olympic training facility, with an aquatic center, gymnasiums, shooting center, and velodrome. Senior, group and military discounts are available. $12 adult, $10 seniors and military, $8 children 5-12.
- 9 United States Air Force Academy (I-25 Exit 156B), ☏ . 8AM-6PM. Academy nestled in the foothills of the Rampart range at the north end of town, you can tour the famous Chapel and other sights. free.
- Air Force Falcons (Air Force Academy), ☏ , toll-free: . The Academy's athletic program offers college sports action throughout the school year. The best-known program is the football team, long a solidly competitive program. Football games especially offer a unique combination of military pageantry and traditional college sports atmosphere. Ticket prices vary by sport.
- Colorado College Tigers (Colorado College). The Tigers play most of their sports in the non-scholarship NCAA Division III. However, two sports—men's ice hockey and women's soccer—play in Division I. The hockey team, which plays off-campus at the Broadmoor World Arena near downtown as a member of the National Collegiate Hockey Conference, has one of the richest traditions in U.S. college hockey. Its rivalry with the University of Denver is one of the fiercest in the sport.
- 10 May Natural History Museum (I-25 Exit 140, South 8 miles on Rt 115, right at huge beetle), ☏ . May-Sept 9AM-5PM. An eclectic but unique museum south of town, with thousands of large insects collected by John May from around the tropics. $6.
- ProRodeo Hall of Fame and Museum of the American Cowboy, 101 ProRodeo Dr, ☏ . The only heritage center in the world devoted to professional rodeo, with two multi-media presentations and Hall of Champions. $6 adults, $3 children.
- Garden of the Gods Trading Post (South end of Garden of the Gods park), ☏ , toll-free: . Don't miss the largest art gallery and gift shop in Colorado. Sample delicious buffalo burgers and more at the Balanced Rock Cafe, on the outdoor patio, under the shade of the cottonwood trees.
- 11 Ghost Town Museum, 400 S. 21st St, ☏ . Step back in time to Colorado's gold-rush days and experience an 1800s old west town frozen in time. Pan for real gold! $6.50 adults, $4 children, under 6-free.
- 12 Western Museum of Mining and Industry, 225 North Gate Blvd., ☏ . Featuring hands-on exhibits, gold panning, a working steam engine and Oro and Nugget, mascot burros!
- Rocky Mountain Vibes, 4385 Tutt Blvd, ☏ . The local rookie-level Pioneer League Minor League Baseball team plays at 1 UCHealth Park.
- Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC, 6303 Barnes Rd, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The local soccer team plays in the second-level USL Championship at 2 Weidner Field, directly next to UCHealth Park.
- Penny Arcade Manitou Springs, 930 Manitou Ave, Manitou Springs, ☏ . A historic location in Manitou Springs just outside of Colorado Springs where you can play old and new arcade games.
- 13 Cheyenne Mountain State Park, ☏ .
- 3 Sky Zone Colorado Springs.
- Hiking, the Pike National Forest to the west, Pikes Peak, and numerous city parks offer ample hiking opportunities.
- Horseback Riding
- Challenge Unlimited-Pikes Peak by Bike, toll-free: . Bike down over 7,000 feet from the top of Pikes Peak with professional guides, mid-April–October. Bike helmet, all-weather gear and meals are included.
- Rock Climbing, at Garden of the Gods and Red Rock Canyon (non-marking chalk only, register first at the Garden of the Gods visitor center), and in North Cheyenne Cañon City Park.
- The Colorado Climbing Company, ☏ . Climb with certified, professional guides in the Garden of the Gods, Cheyenne Cañon, Red Rock Canyon, and more.
- Whitewater Rafting on the Arkansas river, about an hour south of town.
- Pets, Colorado Springs is very dog friendly, with excellent areas for off-leash hiking at Red Rock Canyon Open Space, Palmer Park, and Bear Creek Regional Park.
- Card Games
- ACBL Unit 360 Bridge Center, 901 N.17th St, ☏ . Sanctioned duplicate games most afternoons and many evenings (except Sunday).
- 1 Chapel Hills Mall, 1710 Briargate Blvd (Near N. Academy and I-25). Shopping, food court.
- 2 The Citadel Mall, 750 Citadel Dr. East (Academy & Platte (CO-24)). Shopping, food court.
- Old Colorado City (W Colorado Ave, between 23rd and 28th Streets). Historic district with shopping and restaurants.
- Manitou Springs (West on CO-24). Shopping, many restaurants, designated national historic district.
- Il Vicino Wood Oven Pizza & Brewery, 11 S. Tejon, ☏ . Great gourmet pizzas.
- Shuga's, 702 S. Cascade, ☏ . M-Sa 11AM-1PM. Funky.
- Big Train, 3050 N Nevada, ☏ . Good place for chicken fried steak breakfast.
- Biaggis (shops at briargate). Great gourmet Italian food. A little on the expensive side but well worth it.
- Jake and Telly's, 2616 Colorado Avenue in Old Colorado City, ☏ . Great Greek food; under $15 for lunch, over $20 for dinner. Sit outside on their second floor patio and enjoy the gorgeous Colorado Springs weather.
- O'Furry's, 900 E. Fillmore, ☏ . Hole-in-the-wall Irish-style pub, featuring some of the best burgers in Colorado Springs.
- Frankie's Bar & Grill, 945 Powers & Galley, ☏ . Neighborhood bar/grill since 1984.Burgers and wings. Perfect for watching all the games.
- Frankie's Too!, 7376 McLaughlin Rd, Falcon (Woodmen & Meridian), ☏ . Sports, spirits and food.
- Jun Japanese, 1760 Dublin, 3276 Centennial, ☏ . Very good Japanese - Popular happy hour
- Rico's Coffee and Wine Bar, 324 N. Tejon, ☏ . Wine, chocolate, coffee, tapas, and great music.
- Pueblo Viejo, 5598 N. Academy, ☏ . Authentic Mexican food. Run by a family from Jalisco, Mexico who specialize in chile rellenos. Great salsa and atmosphere.
- Solo's Restaurant, 1665 N. Newport (Powers & Fountain), ☏ . Ok diner, and you can eat inside a KC-97 aircraft, lots of aviation decor.
- Sheldon's Luncheonette, 204 Mount View Ln #16 (off N Nevada, south of Garden of the Gods Road), ☏ . M-Sa 6AM-2PM, Su 7AM-1PM. Awesome breakfast and daily meat sandwiches or plates for lunch.
- Carbonella Creations, 1169 N Circle Dr, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-F 11:30AM - 7:30PM. Fresh pasta, made in the house. Pizzas, breads, focaccia, cured meats, etc $$.
- 1 O'sae Sushi Ramen Bistro, 1825 Peterson Rd, ☏ . 11:00AM–2:00PM; 4:30PM–9:00PM (Closed Tuesdays). O’sae offers authentic and delicious tasting Japanese cuisine and bistro in Colorado Springs, CO. O’sae's convenient location makes this restaurant a natural choice for dine-in or take-out meals in the Colorado Spring community. The restaurant is known for its variety in taste and choice of meals. Customers can state their personal taste preferences upon arrival and then take delight in the individualized maki, sushi, salad, and ramen creations. A true new way to do your traditional O’sae style meal.
- Bristol Brewing Company, 1604 S Cascade Ave, ☏ .
- 1 Phantom Canyon Brewing Co., 2 E. Pikes Peak Ave, ☏ . M-Sa 11AM-2AM, Su 10AM-2AM. Wide variety of excellent brews made on premises. Also serves high quality food for lunch and dinner daily. Brunch is available Sunday only.
- Jack Quinns Irish Pub, Tejon St (Downtown). Great Irish and English beers, decent Irish food. Stay for the Irish band!
- Trinity Brewing Co, 1466 W Garden off Gods Road (Mile or so west of I 25 on Garden off Gods Road), ☏ . Great micro brewery! Has 4-6 of their own beers on tap as well as an ever changing selection of 28 Plus other micro beers. Great food. Great crowd. Easy to find, close to Garden of the Park, Manitou Springs, Old Colorado city and the Air Force Academy. Free Wi-Fi.
- 1 The Broadmoor, 1 Lake Ave, ☏ . A resort just outside Colorado Springs, covering 3,000 acres with 700 hotel rooms and suites, 15 restaurants, cafés and lounges, three championship golf courses, a tennis club, and world-class spa. Even if your budget won't allow you to stay there, it's worth touring the lavish grounds at the base of Cheyenne Mountain.
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort, 3225 Broadmoor Valley Rd, ☏ , toll-free: . Offers 316 rooms and suites in eight residential lodges, each with a private balcony and views of Cheyenne Mountain.
- Elegante Hotel and Conference Center, 2886 South Circle Dr., ☏ .
- 2 Colorado Springs Marriott, 5580 Tech Center Dr, ☏ . Luxury hotel near the Air Force Academy with mountain vistas and Southwestern dining.
- Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs, 2886 South Circle Dr, toll-free: , fax: . A nice, moderately expensive hotel with rooms and suites and high-speed wireless Internet access.
- Silverwood Hotel and Conference Center, 505 Popes Bluff Trail, toll-free: . Remodeled facilities off I-25 in the Rocky Mountain foothills.
- [formerly dead link] Sundance Mountain Lodge (Lodging in Monument, CO - Near Colorado Springs), 1865 Woodmoor Dr, ☏ . Modern, eco-friendly Colorado mountain lodge and hotel. Beautiful views of Pikes Peak. Between Denver & Colorado Springs, CO. Spacious rooms and suites.
- 3 Rodeway Inn and Suites, 1623 S. Nevada Ave (Exit 140 and three blocks south of I-25 on Nevada), ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Large outdoor heated pool, pet friendly, in room coffee, daily continental breakfast. economy.
- 4 DoubleTree by Hilton Colorado Springs, 1775 East Cheyenne Mountain Blvd, ☏ .
- Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South, 2910 Geyser Dr, ☏ .
The town is about as safe as Denver, though be aware that Colorado has one of the highest death rates via automobile accidents in the US. So just remember to drive defensively and you'll be fine. Colorado Springs is infamous for speed traps also. Watch out for motorcycle cops (around 5 or 6) along with one or more cruisers waiting to catch you speeding.
The southern part of town is generally less safe than the northern part. Ft. Carson, on the southern edge of town, is a large Army installation bringing in thousands of young, energetic men and women. The businesses that these clients would frequent sometimes attract a rougher crowd. Stay north of Platte or west of Wahsatch, and all should be well.
- 1 Colorado Springs Post Office.
- Colorado City Creamery, Rockrimmon & Delmonico. Network is secured, information available inside for how to connect.
- The Daily Grind, 1200 S Tejon St. Free WiFi.
- Einstein Bros. Café, 4325 Centennial Blvd (at intersection with Garden of the Gods Rd), +1 719 548-8408. Also at Woodmen & Academy. M-F 5:30AM-6PM, Sa 6AM-4PM, Su 7AM-4PM. Free Wi-Fi.
- Mountain Perks Coffee, [dead link] 5765 N. Academy. Free WiFi.
- Oldeworld Bagel, 1670 E Cheyenne Mountain Blvd Suite A (in the same shopping plaza as Target, near I-25 and Circle), +1 719 527-9651. Free WiFi.
- Panera Bread, 7344 North Academy Blvd, +1 719 522-1100; 1845 Briargate Parkway +1 719 266-9200; 3120 New Center Point +1 719 637-3500; 1832 Southgate Road +1 719 389-0808. Free wireless; however, after you connect your browser only directs you to Panera's portal until you click on the appropriate link agreeing to their terms of service.
- Raven's Nest, 330 N Institute Suite #A (SW corner of Institute at Boulder), +1 719 632-3433. M-F 5AM-5:30PM, Sa-Su 7AM-noon. Free WiFi. "A neighborhood gathering place."
- Rico's Coffee & Wine Bar, 324 N. Tejon St. Free WiFi throughout the cafe with seating in the adjacent bookstore.
- Serranos Coffee Company, 7335 N Academy Blvd (at Falcon Landing, north of Woodmen on the east side), +1 719 266-0843. Free WiFi. Original store is in Monument.
- The Summit House, (in the shopping plaza at the corner of Voyager Parkway and Middle Creek in the northernmost part of town, From the north exit I-25 at #156A, take Northgate Road east to Voyager Parkway, turn south; from the south exit I-25 at Interquest Parkway, turn north onto Voyager Parkway), +1 719 488-8893. M-F 6AM-9PM, Sa 7AM-6PM, Su 7AM-5PM. Free WiFi.
- unwiredaccess.net. Has many customers downtown. They charge a $6 one-time ("lifetime") fee for an account. Then you can use their wireless hotspots with no further charges (until they go out of business). (Their pricing is different depending on location - the PikesPerk Coffee House on North Academy still uses unwiredaccess.net but does not require a fee. It's assumed the coffee house is paying for the access).
- The towns of Monument and Palmer Lake, about 10 miles north of Colorado Springs, also have free wireless access.
- Manitou Springs Small historic town and shopping area west of the city, base of the Cog Rail
- Great Sand Dunes National Park, a national park about 2 hours drive southwest of the city. Trek or slide around 750 ft (230 m) sand dunes.
- The Arkansas River has rafting, fishing, and the Royal Gorge, about an hour south of town
- Ski, the closest resorts are Breckenridge and Monarch, each about a two-hour drive.
|Routes through Colorado Springs|
|Denver ← Monument ←||N S||→ Pueblo → Santa Fe/Clayton|
|Minturn ← Manitou Springs ←||W E||→ Limon → Stockton|