Calabash is a small coastal community in North Carolina, bordering South Carolina. Billed as "The Seafood Capital of the World", Calabash is famous for its seafood, prepared with the namesake "Calabash Style" cooking. It's worth visiting for more than the food, the town offers an abundance of shops, golf courses, and opportunities for maritime recreation, including charter fishing and boat tours.
Calabash is located near the state line, on the Calabash River near the coast. To get there from Myrtle beach, take U.S. Route 17 north, then exit onto Beach Drive Southwest. From Wilmington, Take U.S. Route 17 south.
Being a small town, Calabash lacks its own airport, so flying in will involve landing in one of the larger cities nearby, Myrtle Beach for example.
- 1 Sunset River Marketplace, 10283 Beach Dr SW, NC 28467, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Gallery Hours Apr. - Dec: Mon. through Sat. 10am - 5pm Jan. - Mar: Tue. through Sat. 10am - 5pm. Unique art museum exhibiting art by regional and local artists in a 10,000 square foot gallery. Also offers classes, and has pieces for sale.
- 1 Calabash Fishing Fleet, 9945 Nance St., NC 28467, ☏ , toll-free: . Offers deep-sea fishing charter and dolphin-watching cruises aboard the Navigator and the Miss Calabash.
- 2 Hurricane Fleet Charter Fishing, 9975 Nance St, NC 28467, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Hurricane Fleet provides customers with exciting nautical experiences on one of their four vessels, Hurricane II, Cyclone, Westwind, and Party Time. In addition to fishing charter, there is also a dolphin-watching cruise and a shrimping cruise.
- 3 Capt. Raymond's Fishing & Cruises, 9931 Nance St, NC 28467, ☏ .
- 4 Lucky Strike Charters, Lucky Strike Charters 9887 Oak St, NC 28467, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5 Tropical Adventure Mini Golf, 10124 Beach Dr SW, NC 28467, ☏ .
- 1 Callahan's of Calabash, 9973 Beach Drive, SW, NC 28467, ☏ . This sprawling, 35,000 square feet gift shop has been a mainstay of the town for more than 30 years, serving as a tourist draw from its prominent corner in the heart of Calabash. Home to St. Nautical Gifts, Pea Landing Mercantile, and St. Nick Nacks stores, Callahan's of Calabash offers nautical and shore memorabilia, apparel and beach wear, holiday décor, even a fudge counter selling delicious, creamy creations!
- 2 Calabash Marketplace, 10050 Beach Drive SW, NC 28467, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. The Calabash Marketplace is a consignment shop, antiques mall, indoor flea market, garden center, florist and gift shop, all in one! The main shop has 12,000 square feet of retail space, and is located on five acres of property with garden displays and Koi pond! Over 50 vendors have set up shop here, and new ones come by every now and then.
- The list includes:
- Briar Patch Floral and Gift Fresh and silk Flowers, FTD
- Sue's Pottery Unique Pottery items
- The Curiosity Shop Home Decor
- B&B Cards and Gifts Handcrafted Cards and Gifts
- Vintage Treasures Vintage and collectibles
- Photography by Dianne Local Photography
- Beach Dreams Market Coffee, tea, local honey
- 1 Beck's Restaurant, 1014 River Rd, NC 28467, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Calabash Deli, 9929 Beach Dr SW, NC 28467, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Monday-Saturday 7am-7pm Sunday 8am-3pm.
- 3 Calabash Seafood Buffet, 10001 Beach Dr SW, NC 28467, ☏ .
- 4 Calabash Seafood Hut, 1125 River Rd, NC 28467, ☏ .
- 5 Captain John's Seafood House, 9887 Oak St, NC 28467, ☏ .
- 6 Dockside Seafood House, 9955 Nance Street, NC 28467, ☏ , ✉ DocksideSeafoodCalabash@gmail.com. Opens at 4pm everyday.
- 7 Ella's of Calabash, 1148 River Rd, NC 28467, ☏ . 11AM-9PM.
- 8 The Boundary House Restaurant, 1045 River Rd, NC 28467, ☏ .
- 1 Marsh Harbour Villas, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Captain Andy's Campground, 1220 Wilson Ave SW, NC 28467, ☏ .
|Routes through Calabash|
|Norfolk ← Wilmington ←||N S||→ Little River → Myrtle Beach|