North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > North Carolina > North Carolina Coastal Plain
- Atlantic Beach — Situated on the Bogue Banks, Atlantic Beach is within reach of a wealth of activities. From the clean sandy beach, golfing and world-class fishing to the maritime history, museums, shopping, nightlife and famous fresh seafood, the Crystal Coast offers fun and recreation for every member of the family.
- Elizabeth City — historic town located on the Pasquotank river, home to USCG Air Station Elizabeth City and Elizabeth City State University. Aviation, agriculture, and medicine are important aspects of the economy.
- Fayetteville — Winner of the All-America City Award at least three times, Fayetteville is one of North Carolina's larger cities and is right next to Fort Bragg--the most populated military installation in the world.
- Goldsboro — a rapidly growing town, home to an F-15E Fighter Wing housed at Seymour Johnson AFB.
- Greenville — home of the Pirates of East Carolina University.
- Havelock — Havelock is home to Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, the world's largest Marine Corps Air station, and home to the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing.
- Holden Beach — Recognized by National Geographic Traveler Magazine, Holden Beach was named one of the 38 Best American Beaches and rated 9th out of all United States beaches, in the Family Beach Category.
- New Bern — Their motto is "North Carolina begins here", original capital and second oldest town in North Carolina. North Carolina Historical Museum, Tryon Place, Fireman's Museum, birthplace of Pepsi Cola. One of the most beautiful cities on the East Coast.
- Oak Island — Cross over the bridge from Southport, North Carolina to an island that echoes southern traditions and is picturesque year-round. People are friendly and accommodating, the beaches uncrowded and clean, and the homes comfortable and affordable.
- Ocean Isle Beach — a quiet, unspoiled beach known to thousands of family vacationers. Ocean Isle Beach is an island approximately seven miles long located in Southern North Carolina. It's a family oriented, kick back and relax beach with very little commercial activity. There are twelve golf courses and numerous restaurants within 10 miles.
- Rocky Mount — town at the intersection of I-95 and future I-87, almost half-way between Miami, Florida and New York, New York. Original home of Phil Ford.
- Sunset Beach — Sunset Beach is a small barrier island located at the southeast corner of North Carolina. To reach the island you pass from the mainland over one of the last pontoon swing bridges operating in our state. Sunset Beach is truly a quiet family beach, with virtually all of the development on the island comprised of family cottages. It boasts one of the widest and cleanest beach strands on the East Coast.
- Bald Head Island
- Hatteras — Whether you are lured by the world class fishing or the east coast's best beaches, Hatteras Island has plenty to offer.
- Topsail Beach
In the coastal plains you can go surfing, boating, swimming, hang gliding, scuba diving, fishing, snorkerling, making sand castles, bungy jumping, volley ball, jet skiing or just relax.