Topsail Beach is a city in Pender County, on the North Carolina Coastal Plain. Topsail Island is halfway between Wilmington and Jacksonville, NC (about 25 miles from either city). Topsail Island consists of three island towns: Surf City, Topsail Beach, and North Topsail Beach.
Most visitors come by car.
- Holly Ridge Airport (for small aircraft), ☏ .
Albert J. Ellis Airport, Jacksonville, ☏ .
- Wilmington International Airport, Wilmington, ☏ .
You'll need a car to get to the island of course, and most probably to get around during your stay. There is a well maintained bicycle path that runs from Surf City to the southern end of the island.
- Missiles and More Museum, 720 Channel Blvd, ☏ . Located within the Assembly Building in Topsail Beach and is operated under the auspices of the Historical Society of Topsail Island. Museum Hours: Apr-mid Oct - M Tu Th-Sa 2-4PM. Closed W and Su. Other times by appointment. Nov-March - Visitation by appointment only, including group tours. Arrangements for visits may be made by calling the Chamber of Commerce. Admission is free; donations accepted.
- The Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center, 822 Carolina Ave. Visiting hours: every day except W & Su 2-4PM.
First and foremost, enjoy the beautiful white sandy beaches and the blue ocean waters. Topsail Island is known as a fisherman's paradise because of its rocky ocean floors. Visit here all year around, because each season brings something special to your vacation needs.
- Topsail Island Gifts and Fudge, 201 N. New River Drive, Surf City. Locally owned and operated, this little store sells clothing, jewelry, and a variety of little knickknacky beach souvenirs, though a little more upscale than other souvenir shops. But homemade butter and cream fudge is the real draw to this place, with over 100 flavors made fresh on the premises daily, and they are more than happy to give out samples. The fudge is a little on the pricey side, but worth it. They also offer online ordering and shipping on their website.
- [dead link] Topsail Island Treasures, ☏ , email@example.com. Sea glass jewelry.
Rentals are a popular lodging option.
- Jolly Roger Inn and Pier, 803 Ocean Blvd, ☏ .
- Sea Vista Motel, 1521 Ocean Blvd, toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Opened on July 4, 1980. Open from 8AM - 8PM.
- Loggerhead Inn, PO Box 2748; 622 N. New River Dr. Surf City, ☏ , toll-free: (reservations), email@example.com. Founded in 1960 under the name "The Silver Sand's" motel, ownership and name changed in 1994. Office hours: Su-Th 9AM – 9PM, F Sa 9AM-10PM. Rental age is 21, check in time is 3PM, and check out time is 11AM. Also has a pool which opens on May 15 and closes on October 1.