Jacksonville is the county seat of Onslow County, North Carolina. The home of Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station New River. Jacksonville is located in North Carolina's Inner Banks region. The City is approximately a one hour away from the "Port City" Wilmington.
- 1 Albert J Ellis Airport (OAJ IATA). Only has service to Charlotte Douglas (CLT IATA) and Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta (ATL IATA) airports, you must get a connecting flight from one of these to reach other destinations.
- Sky Manor Airport (FAA LID: N22).
- Onslow United Transit System, 605 New Bridge Street, ☏ .
- Beirut Memorial, located near Highway 24, a tribute to the men and women who died in Beirut, Lebanon on October 23, 1983.
- September 11th Memorial, an element of which is a piece of the world trade centers.
Jacksonville is less than a 30 minute drive to Topsail Island's great beaches. These beaches are open to the public and there are many free public parking areas with facilities and access to the beach. There are also rental properties available throughout the island; both for short and long-term rentals.
- Jacksonville Mall, 375 Western Boulevard, ☏ . Monday-Saturday 10AM-9PM, Sunday 12PM-6PM.
- Duck's Grille & Bar, 1207 Gum Branch Rd, ☏ . 11:30AM-2AM Everyday.
- Courthouse Caffe, 720 Court Street, ☏ .
- Andy's, 2200 Gum Branch Road, ☏ .
- Kettle Diner, 300 Marine Blvd, ☏ .
- Spankys Sports Bar & Grill, 2532 Onslow Drive, ☏ .
- Fast Freddy's Bar & Grill, 1223 Lejeune Boulevard, ☏ .
- 1 [formerly dead link] Baymont Inn and Suites, 474 Western Boulevard, Jacksonville, ☏ . Check-in: After 3PM, check-out: Before 11AM. approximately $112 standard.
- Days Inn, 505 North Marine Blvd., ☏ . Check-in: After 3PM, check-out: Before 11AM. Approximately $100 standard.
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, 1323 Lejeune Boulevard, ☏ . from $90-$100 standard.
- Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott, 121 Circuit Lane, ☏ . $114 standard.
- Towneplace Suites by Marriott, 400 North West Drive, ☏ . from $124-$164 standard.
|Routes through Jacksonville|
|Norfolk ← New Bern ←||N S||→ Wilmington → Myrtle Beach|
|Hampton ← Tarboro ←||N S||→ END|