Jump to navigation Jump to search
Oak Island is a city on the North Carolina Coastal Plain.
Most visitors come by car and get around by car or bike.
- 1 Oak Island Lighthouse. Located at the U.S. Coast Guard Station Oak Island in Caswell Beach was completed in 1958 and stands 169 ft.
- Oak Island Nature Center & Register Park. Overlooking the marsh and Intracoastal Waterway, located at E Yacht Dr and NE 52nd St the Oak Island Nature Center offers a wide range of educational activities for children and adults alike. Animals at the Nature Center as of 6/28/2008: dove, blue jay, boat-tailed grackle, 2 parakeets, 4 ferrets, 5 sugar gliders, chinchilla, guinea pig, flying squirrel, rat and 3 opossums. (Open: W-Su noon-5PM)
- Old Brunswick Town. A colonial site dating from 1726-1776, served as a Cape Fear River Port that was the major export of Naval stores and the location of the Stamp Act Rebellion.
- Silver Coast Winery. Coastal North Carolina's premier producer of premium wines. A lovely setting, its the perfect place to learn wines, have a picnic and enjoy art by local artists.
- The Oak Island Parks and Recreation Dept. Offers various programs for all ages for more info visit or stop by the Oak Island Recreation Center 3003 E. Oak Island Dr.
- Chaser's Bar and Grill, 8520 East Oak Island Drive.
- Fish House Restaurant, 5710 W. 57th Place.
- Island Way, 1411 E Beach Drive.
- Jones' Seafood House, 6404 E. Oak Island Drive.
- Koko Cabana, 705 Ocean Drive (at Yaupon Beach Pier), ☏ .
- Little Bit's Grill, 5902 E Oak Island Drive.
- Thai By The Sea, 8317 E. Oak Island Drive.
- The Pizza Shack, 6212 East Oak Island Drive.
- Turtle Island Restaurant, 6220 E. Oak Island Drive.
- Lazy Turtle Bar & Grill, 601 Ocean Blvd.
A couple of companies offer both vacation rental and long-term rentals:
- Margaret Rudd & Associates, Inc., REALTORS, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Oak Island Accommodations, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Coastal Vacation Resorts, ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com.
- The scenic town of Southport is just a short drive away.
- Just beyond Southport is the nearest city, historic Wilmington. It is definitely worth the day trip if you are interested in seeing a coastal city.