Goldsboro is a rapidly growing town located in Wayne County, on the North Carolina Coastal Plain, near the Research Triangle. The city currently boasts nearly 50,000 residents with a growing commercial and suburban lifestyle. This city is home to F-15E fighter wing housed at Seymour Johnson AFB.
Goldsboro is served by Greyhound buses from New Bern and Raleigh, with connections to many other cities. Buses stop at 2600 US 117 S, which is far from the main part of Goldsboro and isn't served by local buses, so unless you know someone who can pick you up, you'll have a hard time getting into town.
Goldsboro-Wayne Transportation Authority (GWTA) operates local buses. The fare is $1.
- 1 Cliffs of the Neuse State Park, ☎ . Cliffs of the Neuse State Park is a park area featuring a vivid overlook of the nearby Neuse River, along with several hiking trails and campground facilities. Visitors can also tour the museum present that sheds light on nature and wildlife.
- Wilbur's Barbecue, 4172 US 70 East, +1 919-778-5218. A well-known southern barbecue restaurant that has some of the best gravy around. In addition, all of their barbecue is cooked over oak wood. This was the site of one of Sandra Pinckney's visits to small town restaurants in the Food Network TV show Food Finds.
- Holiday Inn Express, 909 North Spence Avenue, ☎ .
- Quality Inn, 1408 South Harding Drive, ☎ .
- Comfort Suites, 2613 North Park Drive, ☎ .
- Hampton Inn, 905 North Spence Avenue, toll-free: .
- Days Inn, 801 U.S. 70 Bypass, ☎ .
- Econo Lodge, 704 Corporate Drive, ☎ .
|Routes through Goldsboro|
|Norfolk ← Greenville ←||N S||→ Fayetteville via|
|Raleigh ← Princeton ←||W E||→ New Bern → Morehead City|