Jump to navigation Jump to search
Laurinburg is a town in North Carolina. In many ways, Laurinburg is your typical rural North Carolina town, trying to find ways to evolve in the 21st century. There are some examples of historic Carolinan architecture here.
- John Blue House and Heritage Center, 13040 X Way Rd, ☏ . M-Sa 9AM-8PM. A glimpse into rural Carolinan life through this house whose owner and builder was inspired by riverboat designs he had seen while in Mississippi: wrap-around porches, etc.
- Mill Prong House, 3062 Edinburgh Rd, Red Springs, ☏ . An example of an estate built by a Carolina Scots in 1795.
- Lumber River State Park Chalk Banks, 24500 Main St, Wagram, ☏ . Th-Su 8AM-8PM. Park area where you can hike or paddle around in a raft/boat/etc and appreciate the tannic acid of the water and the greenery of this river bottom area.
- Comfort Inn, ☏ , fax: . Free breakfast and fitness center.
- Hampton Inn Laurinburg, 115 Hampton Circle, ☏ , fax: . Free breakfast and internet
- Quality Inn, ☏ , fax: . Free breakfast, internet, fitness center.
|Routes through Laurinburg|
|Durham ← Southern Pines ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Sumter → Walterboro|
|Charlotte ← Rockingham ←||W E||→ Pembroke → Lumberton|
|Durham ← Southern Pines ←||N S||→ Jct N S → Myrtle Beach|