Calella de Palafrugell is a small fishing town near Palafrugell, but it is equally a cozy family resort. The area features many beaches, restaurants and places to stay when visiting.
There're many places to park for free, so there's no reason to use paid parking. However, violating parking rules will definitely result in a fine quite fast, even on a weekend.
- Sunbathe. There's half a dozen of municipal beaches in the town, although you'll see only one or two from any given point. Bring all the stuff you need with you, as nothing can be rented on a beach.
- Walk. There are several villages available in a walking distance—the routes to them are well-marked and typically goes along the sea.
- Visit a water park. There are two water parks within visiting distance of Calella de Palafrugell - Aquadiver in Platja d'Aro, and Water World in Lloret. There are buses to and from the parks which depart from various holiday destinations around the area, including La Siesta. Both parks offer a large number of water-based rides, in addition to jacuzzis, swimming pools (with wave machine) and food/ice cream kiosks.
- Take a walk down the coast from El Golfet to Platja de Castell. The coastal path is not challenging, no particular footwear required. It passes dozens of public and private coves, many of which are sandy and empty of tourists and can be climbed down to by foot.
- La Torre, ☎ . 1-3:30PM; 8-10:30PM. A seafood restaurant with a great view of the sea and a sunset. Tried and recommended dishes: mussels (musclos); gaspatcho; calamars a-la Romana; turbot. Menu del dia is not a good choice--doesn't allow to choose dishes, but available both for lunch and dinner. salads €5.60-7.50; fish main courses: €9.50-18 (mussels €7.10); meat main courses €8.90-19.50. Menu del dia €17.
- Restaurant Tony's, C. de les Voltes, 9, ☎ . Tony's has a great location with a view of the beach (depending on seating), and a good standard of food. €20 (average).
- La Nova Pasta, Cipcela, 1 17211 - Palafrugell, Girona, ☎ . This Italian restaurant is located in Llafranc, near to the beach, and offers a variety of pizzas, pasta and other Italian dishes for reasonable prices. €9 (average).
Camping La Siesta [dead link] is a holiday site located around 500 metres from the village of Calella, offering various types of accommodation - camping spaces, bungalows, pine lodges, apartments and mobile homes are all available. The site also features various conveniences such as a supermarket, bakery, gift shop, restaurants, bars, internet cafe, ice cream shop, two swimming pools, videogames arcade and sports courts/pitches. The site-provided accommodation (bungalows, lodges, apartments etc.) all feature toilet facilities, and for campers there are toilet and shower blocks on the site.