Carlinville is rather well served by rail, with multiple daily Amtrak trains calling here. There are four daily departures on the Lincoln Servie between Chicago and St. Louis. Additionally, the once-daily Texas Eagle between Chicago and San Antonio, with through-cars to and from Los Angeles three times per week, calls here.
- 1 Carlinville station, 128 Alton Rd. Refurbished in 2017, the station features a waiting room with basic amnestis.
- Sears Homes. In Carlinville you will see the largest concentration of Sears Catalog Homes. Out of the 156 homes that were built by 1918, 152 are still standing.
- Macoupin County War Memorial, 201 E Main St (Macoupin County Courthouse). Memorial built to honor county residents that fought in World War I, World War II, Korea and Vietnam.
- [dead link] Beaver Dam State Park, 14548 Beaver Dam Lane (7 miles south of town), ☏ . Beautiful lake and walking trail.
- Carlinville Christmas Market, Town Square, ☏ .
- [dead link] Bowlero Bowling Lanes, 12470 Rte 108, ☏ .
- My Sister's Closet, 364 South Side Square, ☏ .
- Reno's Italian Pizza, 518 North Side Square, ☏ . Fantastic pizza.
- Carlinville Plaza Cafe, 170 Carlinville Plaza, ☏ . Hometown diner.
- Salsa Grill & Coffeehouse, 242 East Side Square, ☏ .
- McDonald's, 733 West Main, ☏ .
- Dairy Queen, 724 West Main, ☏ .
- Angus Bailey's Restaurant, 510 North Side Square, ☏ .
- Taylor's Mexican Chili, 116 South West St, ☏ . Famous chili.
- Hardee's, 454 N Broad, ☏ .
- Subway, 496 West Side Square, ☏ .
- The Glades, 18838 Route 4, ☏ .
- Nick's Pizza, 201 McCausland St, ☏ .
- Ryan's Pub, 555 W 1st South St, ☏ .
- [formerly dead link] Best Value Inn, 18891 Route 4, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Best Western Inn, 19067 West Frontage Road, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- Sleeping Inn Motel, 915 E 1st South St, ☏ .
|Routes through Carlinville|
|St. Louis ← Alton ←||S/SW N/NE||→ Springfield → Chicago|
|END ← Springfield ←||N S||→ Staunton → Jct W E|