Central Illinois is a region of Illinois extending south from Chicagoland along the border with Indiana. It includes Champaign, DeWitt, Ford, Grundy, Iroquois, LaSalle, Livingston, McLean, and Shelby counties.
- Springfield - state capital, historical attractions, and home US President Abraham Lincoln
- Champaign-Urbana - home of the University of Illinois, attractions, nightlife and the region's 'cosmopolitan' center
- Bloomington-Normal - small transportation hub
- Danville - little prairie city, lots of outdoor activity
- Decatur - home of beautiful Lake Decatur
- Pontiac - home to two small museums
- Rantoul - home to the Rantoul Aviation Center and Museum
- Vandalia - State capital, 1820-1839.
- Piper City
This is farm country, but with much to do other than see the corn grow, especially around Champaign-Urbana, home of the world-famous University of Illinois.
Watch out for tornados...