Central Illinois is a region of Illinois extending south from Chicagoland along the border with Indiana. It includes Champaign, DeWitt, Ford, Grundy, Iroquois, LaSalle, Livingston, McLean, and Shelby counties.
- 1 Springfield - state capital, historical attractions, and home US President Abraham Lincoln
- Champaign-Urbana - home of the University of Illinois, attractions, nightlife and the region's 'cosmopolitan' center
- 2 Bloomington-Normal - small transportation hub
- 3 Danville - little prairie city, lots of outdoor activity
- 4 Decatur - home of beautiful Lake Decatur
- 5 Pontiac - home to two small museums
- 6 Rantoul - home to the Rantoul Aviation Center and Museum
- 7 Vandalia - State capital, 1820-1839.
- 8 Arcola
- 9 Chenoa
- 10 Litchfield
- 11 McLean
- 12 Paxton
- 13 Piper City
- 14 Tuscola
This is farm country, but with much to do other than see the corn grow, especially around Champaign-Urbana, home of the world-famous University of Illinois.
Watch out for tornados...