Jump to navigation Jump to search
Central Indiana is the central third of the state of Indiana, surrounding the Nine-County Region at the heart of the state.
- 1 Connersville
- 2 Covington
- 3 Crawfordsville
- 4 Greentown
- 5 Knightstown
- 6 Kokomo
- 7 Lafayette
- 8 Marion
- 9 Muncie
- 10 New Castle
- 11 Richmond
- 12 Rushville
- 13 Spencer
- 14 Terre Haute
This is the area where "Crossroads of America" really comes into play. Numerous interstates and highways swarm into this area. I-65S from the northwest, I-74E from the west, I-70E from the southwest, I-65N from the south, I-74W from the southeast, I-70W from the east, and I-69S from the northeast. Indianapolis has a loop called I-465.
- Anderson - Economy Inn, 2400 S. Scatterfield Rd. +1 765 642-3931
- Indianapolis - 350 S. Illinois St. +1 317 267-3076
- Megabus 1 877 G02-MEGA A super cheap way to travel by bus that was brought from Europe to the Midwest. Clean, friendly travel option. The earlier you book your trip the cheaper it is. All pickup/drop off points are at popular landmarks. Pickup/drop off from three points in Indy:
- Indianapolis City Market - 222 E. Market St.
- Circle Center Mall - 40 W. Maryland St.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway - 4790 W. 16th St.
- Burlington Trailways 1 800 992-4618. Offers bus service throughout the Midwest. Pickup/drop off in Indianapolis.
- Indianapolis International Airport[dead link]
- Amtrak 350 S. Illinois St., Indianapolis. ☏ +1-800-USA-RAIL (872-7245)
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 crosses this area from about 3:05PM local time. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Illinois, then across Indiana to Ohio and the Canada–New England border.
The largest concentration of restaurants can be found in Kokomo and Lafayette.
With the dining comes the drinking—you'll find most nightlife in Central Indiana in Kokomo and West Lafayette as well.