Kokomo is in Indiana, in the United States of America. Kokomo, named after a Miami chief, is known as "The City Of Firsts" due to innovations that occurred in tandem with the birth of the natural gas extraction industry there, especially as it pertained to automobile manufacturing. On a less dignified note, it also holds notoriety of hosting the largest Ku Klux Klan gathering in history which took place in 1923, and of early stigmatization surrounding HIV and AIDS with the emergence of Ryan White, an adolescent who was shunned from school after acquiring the virus thru a hemophilia related-transfusion.
US-31, US-35, SR-22, SR-26, SR-931 pass by Kokomo
The Indiana Heritage Trail passes through.
The Nickle Plate Trail goes north to the town of Peru.
- Kokomo City-Line Trolley. Fixed route transit buses. Free.
- Wildcat Walk of Excellence. A downtown bike path.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:08PM local time but only lasts 9 sec - head east of Marion to improve the duration. The chances of a clear sky in Kokomo are 30%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Illinois, then across Indiana to Ohio and the Canada–New England border.
- Old Ben, in Highland Park. Old Ben is the world's largest preserved steer. Ben weighs 2.5 tons. At one time Old Ben was the world's largest living Steer before being injured falling on the ice.
- 1 Seiberling Mansion, 1200 W. Sycamore St. Built in October 1889 the mansion is built in a mixture of Neo-Jacobean (Queen Anne) and Romanesque Revival styles. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Sycamore Stump, in Highland Park.
- Vermont Covered Bridge, in Highland Park.
- 2 Elwood Haynes Museum.
- 1 Kokomo Beach Water Park, 802 W Park Ave, ☏ .
- AMC Theaters, Kokomo Town Center.
- Kokomo Arts Pavilion Stage, Superior Street & Washington Street.
- Country Squire, Webster Street & Lincoln Street.
- Hog Heaven, Webster Street & Defenbaugh Street. BBQ
- Great Wall Buffet, Dixon Road & Jefferson Street. Chinese buffet, next to K-Mart, and Krogers.
- Lexi's Drink Barn, Markland Avenue & Locke Street.
- Jamie's Soda Fountain, Downtown Square.
- 1 Half Moon Brewery, 4051 S Lafountain, ☏ . Opens 11AM daily.
- 1 Comfort Inn Kokomo, 522 Essex Dr, ☏ , fax: . Minutes from Delphi and Chrysler plants. An easy drive to Downtown Indianapolis and the Indy 500, Brickyard 400 and Formula One.
- Courtyard by Marriott, 411 Kentucky Drive, ☏ .
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kokomo, 264 S. Reed Rd, ☏ .
- Quality Inn, 1717 E. Lincoln Rd, ☏ .
- 2 Hampton Inn & Suites, 2920 S. Reed Rd, ☏ .
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kokomo, 511 Albany Dr, ☏ .
- Super 8 by Wyndham Kokomo, 5110 Clinton Dr, ☏ .
- Mississinewa Lake, north of Kokomo
- Kokomo Reservoir, east of Kokomo, near Greentown
- Grissom Air Reserve Base and Museum, north of Kokomo
- James Dean Museum and James Dean Festival, east of Kokomo in Fairmount. Festival is the last weekend in September.
- Glass museum in Greentown east on SR-22/US 35
|Routes through Kokomo|
|South Bend ← Peru ←||N S||→ Westfield → Indianapolis|
|Michigan City ← Logansport ←||N E||→ Greentown → Muncie|