While you can get close by plane, a car is a necessity to reach Westfield. There is no bus or train accessibility to Westfield, however, since it is close to Indianapolis you can see arrival options there too.
Westfield is east of Highway 31, which becomes Meridian Street in Indianapolis. It also is accessible by east/west Highway 32.
In addition to the Col. Weir Cook Indianapolis International Airport, off of I-70 in Indianapolis, smaller planes can schedule a landing at one of two airports in Hamilton County and nearby Boone County, just west of Hamilton County. Both offer aircraft charter, sales, rental, catering, and flight school.
- Metropolitan Airport, 10401 Willow View Rd., Fishers, ☏ .
- Indianapolis Executive Airport, 11329 East SR 32, Zionsville, ☏ . This airport also is home to a Hamilton County Welcome Center, open 6 to 8PM daily.
- Sheridan Airport, 27045 Jerkwater Road, Sheridan, ☏ .
General speed is between 55-70 on interstates and highways, and generally 35 on other roads unless otherwise posted.
- Westfield-Washington Historical Society & Museum, 145 S. Union St, ☏ . Sa 11AM to 3PM, call for special appointments. Learn about the unique history of Westfield and Washington Township. Underground Railroad, Quaker families, Anti-Slavery Friends, Businesses and Farmers, Orphan Train, Monon and Midland Railroads, and 1861 Union High School. Admission: donation.
- Fallen Hoosiers Memorial, 401 N. Union Street. A memorial to honor the men and women from Indiana who died in service.
Landmarks and arts
- Actors Theatre of Indiana, ☏ . Stages a four-show season of community theater each year.
- Downtown Westfield Many charming buildings have been renovated, including a restaurant, pharmacy, flower & gift shop, village pizzeria and ice creamery, quilting shop, and gift & garden shop. Known for its Quaker heritage and role in the Underground Railroad, Westfield is a great town for walking tours. The Westfield Washington Historical Society (+1 317-804-5365) can provide background information on tours.
- Westfield Market, ☏ . June-October Main and Walnut Street. Locally grown produce and locally-produced edibles: fruits, vegetables, grains, herbs nuts and berries, jams and jellies, maple sugars, syrups, pet edibles, eggs, honey and other bee products, cheese, meat, fish, milk, flowers, potted plants and hanging baskets. Other home-made or locally products will also be available. Market held every Friday beginning June 6 thru October 3 (except July 4) from 4 to 7PM
- Asa Bales Park Hoover Street and US 32. Names after the man credited for naming Westfield. The park includes a skate park, two pavilions, a walking trail and playground.
- Chauncey Allen Park Smith Avenue near the State Veteran’s pool, 10 acre park and gardens.
- Monon Trail The rail trail extension from Indianapolis in Westfield is being completed in phases.
- Quaker Park, 17501 Dartown Rd. Splash park, playground and picnic areas.
- Westfield Skateboard Facility at Amelia Park South Middle School off S. Broad St.
- Historic Indiana Ghost Walks & Tours - Unseenpress.com, Inc., ☏ . Anytime is a good time for a walking or bus tour. Learn about the fascinating history of Hamilton County and perhaps come face-to-face with a renowned serial killer, spirits who restlessly roam, or pearhaps, put a legend to rest. All haunted sites are located in Hamilton County including Carmel, Westfield, Hortonville, Sheridan, and Noblesville. Come visit the Underground Railroad walking tour in Westfield and learn about the only Indiana city that united together as one to help fugitives to escape. Noblesville - Nefarious Noblesville Ghost Walks From beer rooms to business, visit the places where the dead continue their spirited affairs and hear their empty voices call from beyond. Reservations required. Check schedule for tours. Private walking and bus tours available when booking ahead.
- Westfield-Washington Chamber of Commerce, 322 W. Main St, ☏ . Can provide information about area businesses and upcoming events. The Chamber of Commerce also is home to a Visitor Information Welcome Center, open 8AM to 4PM, Mondays through Fridays.
- Hamilton County Convention and Visitors Bureau, 37 East Main Street, ☏ , toll-free: . Carmel (Indiana). Not-for-profit tourism organization that promotes and encourages the development of Hamilton County tourism, conventions, festivals and other special events. Staff are very helpful and welcome visitors who need information. Visit their website for a full event calendar and interactive map of destinations, golfing, restaurants, shopping and places to stay.
- [dead link] Gallery One 36 Fine Art Gallery & Studio, 136 E. Main St, ☏ . The Gallery is housed in a renovated 90-year-old home in historic Westfield. Gallery One36 has two floors and three separate rooms to display original works from local artists in glass, wood, metal, ceramics, oil and acrylic paintings.
- Main Street Shoppes, 800 E. Main Street, ☏ . Main Street Shoppes (formerly Westfield Antique Mall) is located on Hwy 32, 1.5 miles east of Hwy 31. Main Street Shoppes offers wide variety of antiques, furniture, primitives, jewelry, pottery, linens, tools, etc. Main Street Shoppes also has Fenton and McCoy items. Enjoy shopping 2 floors with over 80 booths full of great finds. Stop by Big Hoffa's for some delicious BBQ before leaving.
- Martha & Me, 116 East Main Street, ☏ . Martha and Me is an eclectic little boutique located in the heart of downtown Westfield, Indiana. Martha and Me carries unique gift items, antiques, and consignments. Inventory changes constantly so stop in often to see what new great stuff we have! Martha and Me is whimsical and fun so you're sure to find a treasure at every visit and have a fun experience doing so!
- Porch Swing Studio, 800 East Main Street, Westfield IN, ☏ . varies. Inspired by magazines and catalogs such as Country Living and Ballard Designs. varies.
- Big Hoffa’s Smokehouse BBQ, 800 E. Main St, ☏ . Tu-Su. The restaurant offers BBQ in a bunch of varieties, at a great price ($4.95 for a quarter rack of pork ribs, less for a home smoked pulled pork sandwich) The real treat is Adam’s (aka Big Hoffa) beef jerky. In addition to the standard beef jerky flavor, he also smokes a teriyaki version.
- Jan's Village Pizza - Westfield, 108 S. Union Street, ☏ . Tired of those national chains cheap, artificial pizza? Try a real mom and pop pizzeria. Jan's Village Pizza guarantees you'll love their pizza - good taste and good quality matter!
- America's Best Value Inn - Carmel/Westfield, 17650 US 31 North, ☏ . 54 rooms. The hotel features an indoor pool, fitness center, HBO/cable and complimentary continental breakfast. Free parking.
|Routes through Westfield|
|South Bend ← Kokomo ←||N S||→ Carmel → Indianapolis|