Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rushville is a small town in Central Indiana.
- US-52 connects the town with Indianapolis, about 40 miles to the west, and Cincinnati about 70 miles to the southeast
- IN-44 connects from Shelbyville, along I-74 about 19 miles west-southwest, and Connersville, about 16 miles east
- County Road 3 (Main Street) intersects US-70 about 15 miles north of town and connect to Greensburg about 20 miles to the south, just past its junction with I-74
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:07PM local time and lasts 4 min. The chances of a clear sky are 35%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Illinois, then across Indiana to Ohio and the Canada–New England border.
- John K. Gowdy House (Rush County Museum), 619 N. Perkins St., ☏ . M-Th 9AM-11:30AM. Built in 1888 and now the home of the Rush County Historical Society Museum, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- 1 Wendell Wilkie Grave, 704 IN-44 (in East Hill Cemetery), ☏ . M, Tu, Th, F 8AM-4PM. Memorial in the form of a book to the statesman and presidential candidate Wendell Wilkie who ran against Franklin D. Roosevelt. Might take some hunting to find.
- Comfort Inn, 320 Conrad Harcourt Way, ☏ . Breakfast, WiFi, small exercise room, microwave, and mini-fridge.
|Routes through Rushville|
|Lafayette ← Indianapolis ←||NW SE||→ Harrison → Cincinnati|
|Franklin ← Shelbyville ←||W E||→ becomes → Miamisburg|