- By car
Richmond is accessible by I-70, exits 149, 151, 153, and 156 A&B. Richmond is also accessible by US routes 27, 35, and 40.
- By Rail
The nearest train station is in Connersville. It is served by Amtrak.
- By plane
While Richmond does have a shuttle service  [formerly dead link] that goes around downtown Monday-Saturday, having a car would be the best way to explore the city.
- Historic National Road Welcome Center, 5701 National Rd. E., ☏ .
- Historic Depot District, Fort Wayne Ave. & N. "E" Street, ☏ .
- Joseph Moore Museum of Natural History, 801 National Road W. Earlham College Campus
- Madonna of the Trail, ☏ . Corner of E. Main & 22nd Streets
- Old Richmond Historic District, ☏ . South 1st - 6th Streets - South of Main St.,
- Richmond Art Museum, 350 Hub Etchison Pkwy, ☏ . McGuire Memorial Hall,
- Starr Gennett Historic Site & Gennett Recording Studio Walk of Fame. South First & Main Streets +1 765-962-1511 or +1 765-935-8687
Richmond has four colleges
- Earlham College 801 National Road West. Founded by members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in 1847. It is known for it's Biology, Peace & Global Studies, and Japanese Studies Programs
- Indiana University East 2325 Chester Blvd
- Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana 2357 Chester Blvd
- Purdue University School of Technology 2325 Chester Blvd
In addition to it's colleges, Richmond also has two seminaries located on the Earlham College Campus
- Dayton is about 60 minutes from Richmond. It is considered the birthplace of aviation and home to many museums
- Indianapolis is about 75 minutes from Richmond. It is the state capital of Indiana and is home to the Indy 500 race track
- Cincinnati is about 90 minutes from Richmond. It is home to the Cincinnati Reds Major League Baseball Team and the Cincinnati Bengals Professional Football Team as well as many museums and attractions
- Columbus is about 120 minutes from Richmond. It is the state capital of Ohio and is home to the Ohio State University
|Routes through Richmond|
|Indianapolis ← Greenfield ←||W E||→ Dayton → Columbus|
|Fort Wayne ← Lynn ←||N S||→ Oxford → Cincinnati|
|Kokomo ← Muncie ←||N E||→ Dayton → Chillicothe|