- Tourist Information Centre, Carrickfergus Museum & Civic Centre, Antrim Street, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
The A2 Shore Road from Belfast is four laned from the end of the M5 Motorway at Rushpark to the University of Ulster. The bottleneck here where the road narrows to one lane in each direction for the next mile is the source of delays in the evening rush hour and the period around 3-4PM during term time when Belfast High School finishes. Also expect some delays around 5PM on Saturday evening as shoppers head home to Carrickfergus.
From Larne and Whitehead, the A2 Shore Road is narrow and winding but relatively free of traffic or delays.
Free carparking is available at the Harbour Car Park, beside Carrickfergus Castle.
Carrickfergus is served by the Larne Line on Northern Ireland Railways, with Carrickfergus Station being the terminus for some services from Belfast, with halts also located at Clipperstown (on the Belfast side) and Downshire (on the Larne side). Return day fares were £4.90 from Belfast in January 2008.
- Carrick Rangers play soccer in the NIFL or Danske Bank Premiership, Northern Ireland's top tier. Their home ground is Taylors Avenue, capacity 6000, half a mile east of the railway station.
- 1 Premier Inn Carrickfergus, Alexandra Pier, Rodgers Quay, ☏ .
- 2 Dobbins Inn, 6-8 High St, ☏ .
- 3 Loughshore Hotel Belfast, 75 Belfast Rd, ☏ .