Jump to navigation Jump to search
The A8 road connects Larne to Belfast. A more scenic alternative is the A2 Antrim Coast Road.
- 1 Chaine Memorial. cylindrical stone tower lighthouse with a conical roof, a memorial to James Chaine, a former Member of Parliament for Antrim, who died in 1885.
- 2 Carnfunnock Country Park. Walled garden, adventure playground, golf driving range and the Northern Ireland Maze
- 3 Olderfleet Castle. remains of 16th century tower house
- 4 Larne Museum and Arts Centre, 2 Victoria Rd, BT40 1RN, ☏ . M-F: 10AM-4:30PM, Sa-Su: Closed.
- Watch soccer at Larne FC, who play in the NIFL (Danske Bank) Premiership, the top tier in Northern Ireland. Their home ground is Inver Park, capacity 2500, along the main road half a mile from the harbour.
- 1 Carriages Bistro, 105 Main St, ☏ .
- 2 Chilitos Mexican Kitchen, Redlands Rd (Port of Larne Business Park), ☏ .
- 1 Derrin Guest House, 2 Princes Gardens, ☏ .
- 2 Ballygally Castle Hotel, Coast Rd, Ballygally, ☏ . the only 17th century building still used as a residence in Northern Ireland, and is reputed to be one of the most haunted places in all of Ulster
|Routes through Larne|
|END ←||W E||→ Cairnryan|
|END ←||N S||→ Newtownabbey → Belfast|