Unfortunately, there is no rail link, the nearest station is along the coast at Portrush. There are direct buses from Belfast.
- Giant's Causeway
- Coast Road
- 1 Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge, 119a Whitepark Road, Ballintoy, BT54 6LS (Near Ballintoy, 5 miles West of Ballycastle.), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 10:00-19:00 in summer, shorter hours in winter. Cross the sligtly scary rope bridge to Carrick-a-rede island. National Trust tearoom. £5.
- Catch the ferry to Rathlin Island!
- visit bonamargy friary
- nice beach
- Rock Climbing on Fair Head.
- Cliff Walks
- Sea Fishing
Ballycastle is full of traditional shops, there are very few if any highstreet brands.
Dulse (an edible seaweed) and yellowman (a honeycomb toffee) are local specialties.
- 1 Thyme & Co. Cafe, 5 Quay Road, BT54 6BJ. Tue – Fri: 08:30 – 16:30, Sat: 09:30 – 16:30. Great frys and Lunches.
- The Sweetie Jar, Quay Road. sweet shop also selling ice creams
There are numerous bed and breakfasts in the area, one youth hostel and the marine hotel.