Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cartaxo (kuhr-TAH-shoo, /kɐɾ.ˈta.ʃu/) municipality has 23,211 residents (2021 preliminary), with just over 10,000 living in the city. The municipality contains two towns: Pontével and Vila Chã de Ourique.
- 1 Estação Ferroviária do Setil (Setil Railway Station). PDF timetable. Setil is the main train station in the municipality. It's served by regional trains along the Linha do Norte (Northern Line) from Lisbon, Entroncamento, and Tomar.
- Intercity bus service is provided by Rede Expressos.
- Rodoviária do Tejo offers regional bus service, including the Rápida Laranja fast line from Lisbon and Santarém.
- Cartaxo is served by the A1 motorway (Autoestrada do Norte) from Lisbon, Porto, Coimbra, Aveiro, Leiria, and Santarém. The older EN3 road also passes through the city.
- 1 Museu Escolar do Concelho do Cartaxo, Largo da Igreja, Vale da Pinta, ☏ . M–F 09:00–12:30 & 14:00–17:00, Sa Su & holidays 10:00–17:00 by appt. This museum in a disused schoolhouse shows what primary education was like in the Portugal of yesteryear through documents, photos, furniture, and the cantina.
- 2 Museu Rural e do Vinho do Concelho do Cartaxo, Avenida 25 de Abril, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu–Su 09:30–12:30 & 14:30–17:30, closed M. This museum has exhibits on rural life and culture in the municipality and the Ribatejo region. Winemaking is a large, but not exclusive, focus.
- 1 Taberna do Alfaiate, Rua Caetano Valério 33, ☏ . Tu–Sa 12:30–22:30, Su 12:30–15:30. Mid-range.
- 2 Taberna do Gaio, E.N. 3, Gaio de Cima, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Th 12:00–15:00, F Sa 12:00–15:00 & 19:30–22:30, closed Su. Home-style regional cuisine. Mid-range.
- 3 Taxo, Quinta do Letrado, Sítio da Pata-Choca, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 12:00–23:00 daily. €8-12.
- 1 D'Vine, Rua Nova da Rosa 10, Vale da Pedra, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Country-house bed & breakfast with outdoor swimming pool, fitness centre, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. €38-61.
- 2 Marchanta Equestrian Tourism, Rua do Maltratado 93, Quinta da Marchanta, Porto de Muge, Valada do Ribatejo, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 16:30, check-out: 11:00. Boutique hotel with equestrian centre, swimming pool, and free Wi-Fi. €88-104.