Castro Valley is an unincorporated town in Alameda County in the Bay Area of California. It has a population of about 50,000 and is located north of Hayward and east of San Leandro and south of the Oakland hills. Since it is unincorporated, Castro Valley is governed by the County of Alameda, which has its county seat in Oakland.
The blue Dublin/Pleasanton line of BART serves the Castro Valley Station from San Francisco. One stop to the west is the Bay Fair Station, which serves as a transfer station to other BART lines to the south (the Fremont line) or to the north (the Richmond line and one more transfer to get to the Pittsburg/Bay Point line).
The AC Transit bus system serves the Castro Valley area with only a few bus lines. Bus route 32 makes a circle (in both directions) connecting three BART stations: Bay Fair, Castro Valley, and Hayward.
- Villa Roma Pizza, 3676 Castro Valley Blvd, ☏ . Pizza, Kabobs, Ribs
- Lucca's Italian Delicatessen, 3121 Castro Valley Blvd (at San Miguel Ave), ☏ . Delicious deli sandwiches!
- The Burrito Shop, 3843 Castro Valley Blvd.
- Holiday Inn Express, 2532 Castro Valley Blvd., ☏ .
- San Leandro is Castro Valley's bustling western neighbor, home to beaches, regional parks, malls, hotels and many other attractions.
- Lake Chabot
|Routes through Castro Valley|
|Oakland ← San Leandro ←||W E||→ Dublin/Pleasanton → Livermore|