With a population around 94,000 in the 2015 census, Catarman is the largest town of Northern Samar, and second largest (behind Tacloban) of the Eastern Visayas region. It consists of 24 municipalities and 55 barangays.
The only air connection is from Manila on Philippines Airlines. Tickets are often sold out and sometimes expensive.
By bus and minivan
- There are buses from Manila, via Naga, Legazpi City, Sorsogon (the buses use the ferry from Matnog to Allen).
- There are also buses and minivans going to/from Calbayog, Catbalogan, Tacloban, and Allen port.
- Sacred Heart Plaza, Brgy. Casoy (In front of Our Lady of Annunciation Cathedral). An area of natural park and that has trails for walking, biking and other activities. Owned and maintained by the local government.
- Northern Samar Colleges (NSC), Annunciation St., ☏ . School for all levels.
- University of Eastern Philippines (UEP), University town, Catarman. The largest university in Catarman.
- White Beach Resort, UEP zone along national highway.
- Gaisano Grand Mall, Calbayog-Catarman Road. 9AM-8PM. Has a Gaisano supermarket.
- Metro Bank, Bonifacio Street. 24 hour ATM. Has Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- PNB Bank, Garcia Street. 24-hour ATM. Has a Visa Card ATM.
- Jollibee. 7AM-10PM. Breakfast 7AM-11AM
- Mang Inasal.
- Coffee Hub, corner Del Pilar and Roxas Street, ☏ .
- G V Hotel, Marcos Street, ☏ . fan single/double rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. From ₱500.
- 1071 Bed & Breakfast (1071 B&B Cafe Eusebio), 1071 Annunciation St. Cor. Moore St. Brgy. Lapu-Lapu Northern Samar, ☏ , toll-free: . Beside BDO.
- Sasa Pension House, Jacinto Street. From ₱800.
- Pink City Pension House., Roxas Street. From ₱750.
- River View Hotel, JP Rizal Street.