- 1 Little Valley — the county seat
- 2 Cattaraugus — small industrial town in the northwest part of the county
- 3 Ellicottville — skiers' paradise
- 4 Franklinville — with a picture-perfect Victorian-era village center
- 5 Olean — Cattaraugus County's largest city; one of the United States' first oil boomtowns
- 6 Randolph — along with East Randolph right next door; small-town charm in the heart of Cattaraugus County's Amish country
- 7 Salamanca — gateway to Allegany State Park; home of Seneca Allegany Casino
- 1 Allegany State Park — the "wilderness playground of Western New York"
- 2 Zoar Valley — hiking, whitewater rafting, and wildlife spotting
- Pat McGee Trail - Stretching just over 12 miles (about 19.5km) between Salamanca and Cattaraugus, this multi-use rail trail is perfect for those who want an up-close-and-personal glimpse at local wildlife.
The cliffs at Zoar Valley Gorge can be quite treacherous. Know your limits and be aware of your surroundings. Also, inform others where you're going, and when you expect to return. People have been killed by falling off the cliffs, and rescues can be challenging.