North America > United States of America > Great Plains > North Dakota > Red River Valley (North Dakota) > CavalierJump to navigation Jump to search
From exit 203 on I-29, take US highway 81 west for 10 miles, then continue west on state highway 5 for 9 more miles. Cavalier is at the junction of state highways 5 and 18.
- Pembina County Historical Museum (Next to Icelandic State Park), ☏ , fax: . Exhibits, restored buildings, pioneer machinery and a library tell the history of Pembina County agriculture. Open from Memorial day to October 1, daily 1PM-5PM
- Pioneer Heritage Museum (In Icelandic State Park), ☏ , fax: . You can see the state's pioneer heritage. Open year-round, but hors vary. From mid-May to Labor Day, the Museum is open every Monday through Thursday from 9AM-8AM, and on Friday through Sunday from 9AM-6PM. The admission fee to Icelandic State Park is $5 daily
- Icelandic State Park (5 miles west of Cavalier on Highway 5, on the north shore of Lake Renwick), ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. This park offers boating and fishing for northern pike and others. There are also groomed trails for cross-country skiing and snowmobiling. Admission fee is $5 daily.
- Cavalier Country Club, ☏ . Golf.
- Wildwood Trail. Wildwood Trail is a National Recreation Trail that winds through the preserve and provides an enjoyable educational tour. Located within Icelandic State Park, this wooded area along the Tongue River is a sanctuary for plants, birds and wildlife.
- Cedar Inn Steak House, 502 Division Ave S, ☏ .
- Chuckwagon Cafe, 210 Main St W, ☏ .
- Thompson's Cafe, 1301 Main St W, ☏ .
- Sammy's Bar, 107 Main St W, ☏ .
- Ugly's Tavern, ☏ . PO Box 61
- Cedar Inn Motel, 502 Division Ave S, ☏ .
|Routes through Cavalier|
|Dunseith ← Langdon ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Jct N S|