Cegléd (nicknamed "the gate of the Great Plain") is a city in Pest County, approximately 70 km southeast of Budapest. Cegléd is situated between the Duna and Tisza rivers, north of Kiskunság, at the western part of the Great Hungarian Plain.
- 1 Cegléd Bus Station (Cegléd autóbusz-állomás), Cegléd, Mozdony u. 6. (Close to train station), ☏ . Cash desk opening hours: Workdays: 06:30–14:30, 1st to 6th day of each month: 06:15–16.:15. Local lines on map (PDF). Interurban Lines destinations include: Abony (E), Csemő (SW), Lajosmizse (SW), Tápiószőlős (N), Tápiószentmárton (N), Tápióbicske (N), Nagykáta, Szolnok. Long distance lines that pass Cegléd are: Budapest–Szolnok–Szeghalom–Komádi/Gyula, Eger–Kecskemét–Kalocsa, Gyöngyös–Heves–Jászberény–Kecskemét, Miskolc–Mezőkövesd–Jászberény- Újszász–Kecskemét, Szolnok– Nagykőrös.
- 1 Cegléd Railway Station (Cegléd Vasúti állomás), Mozdony utca (North of Downtown), ☏ . Hourly direct train connection with Budapest via Monor and Szolnok via Abony. Infrequently with Kecskemét via Nagykőrös. To Nyíregyháza also regularly departing trains.
- [dead link] Tourinform - Cegléd, Cegléd, Kossuth tér 1 (In Town Hall building), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. mid-June-Aug: M-F 08:00-16:00, Sa 09:00-14:00; Sep-mid-Jun: M-F 08:00-16:00, Sa Su closed. Tourist information office of Cegléd. Up to date info about sights, accommodations, services. Free maps leaflets. Buy some souvenirs. Organize tours, bookings. Spoken languages: English, German.
- 2 Evangelical Church (Evangelikus templom), Szabadság tér (East of Reformed Church), ☏ , , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. This Neo-Gothic church was built in 1895-96. The main bell of the church is 600 kg. Admission: free of charge.
- 3 Reformed Church (Ceglédi Nagytemplom, Református templom), Szabadság tér 1-3 (In the Downtown), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Hungarian and English tours by booking. Designed by József Hild, built in 1835-1870, the biggest Calvinist church in Central Europe. The dome was destroyed in a fire in 1936 and rebuilt in a taller form. The church building is a symbol of the town. The twin-towered façade has a projecting porch with a tympanum supported by four Ionic columns. The frieze below the tympanum bears the inscription: "Come unto me all of you".
- 4 Chapel church of Our Lady of Hungarians (Magyarok Nagyasszonya kápolnatemplom), Széchenyi utca 87 (Széchenyi street cemetery), ☏ . By appointment. Designed in unique Modern style. The red roof, the white walls and beautiful green lawn symbolize the colors of the Hungarian national flag. Admission: free of charge.
- 5 Holy Cross Parish Church (Szent Kereszt Plébániatemplom), Kossuth Lajos tér 3. (Close to the Town Hall), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A Saint Anne chapel stood on the site in the 14th and 15th centuries. Today's church was erected on the site of a Gothic church demolished in 1821. The main altar was built in 1830. An artist of Pest (now Budapest) did the painting of the Calvary scene on the main altar. Admission: free of charge.
- 6 Drum Museum (Dobmúzeum), Szabdság tér 5 (Cose to Evangelical Church), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening hours: M-F 10:00-16:00, weekend by booking. shows the history of jazz drumming from the turn of the century to the present day. Instrument catalogues, music books, scores, concert and teaching videos, audio material, photo archive. Percussion instruments for visitors to try out in a music room.
- 7 Duo Gallery (Duo Galéria), Szabadság tér 8 (Opposite the Reformed church), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-F: 10.00-20.30. This is an exhibition hall of a private collector. The collection include the contemporary art, the antiquities and paintings. free.
- 8 Kossuth Museum (Kossuth Múzeum [ˈkoʃuːt].), Múzeum utca 5 (One block north of Szabadság square), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Su 09:00-17:00. The main museum of the city. Local history and local ethnography covering 4000 BC to 1946 AD. Selection from the Kossuth Relic Collection, Lajos Kossuth was a Hungarian lawyer, journalist, politician and Regent-President of the Kingdom of Hungary during the revolution of 1848–49. Adults/reduced: Ft1000/500 (2014).
- 9 Museum the History of Education and Religious art (Iskolatörténeti és Egyházművészeti Múzeum), Cegléd, Szív u. 1. (In the Reformed school), ☏ . Sep to mid-June: M-F 08:00-16:00, guide by booking. temporary exhibitions.
- 10 Sport Historical Collection (Városi Sporttörténeti Gyűjtemény), Cegléd, Gubody utca 9. (Behind Main Post Office), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Th, Tu:14:00-18:00, to guide tours reservation required. Contains more than 10,000 documents on the town's rich sports life and presents them to the public in its exhibitions. In addition to the valuable specialised library, the archive and collection of photographs, the visitor can admire the trophies of such great Hungarian sportspersons
- 11 Stove Museum (Öntöttvaskályha - gyűjtemény), Dessewffy u 70. (South of Downtown, between Nyár street and Forgách street), ☏ (evenings), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening hours: by booking. Cast-iron stoves from the 19th century. Stoves and other items over 100 years old such as irons, a variety of scales, weights, mortars, pans, tarkedli ovens and fireplaces.
- 12 Old-timer Vehicle Exhibition (Veterán Jármű Szalon), Külső Kátai út 1 (100m north of the rail), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Saturdays: 09:00-12:00. Presents vintage cars and motorcycles.
- Turf bog nature conservation area (Tőzegláp, Ceglédi-rét Természetvédelmi terület), Mályva street (Between Cegléd and Csemő along the Creek Gerje.), ☏ . with rare animal and plant species. The wetland formed mining and drainage, but the resulting ponds with diverse wildlife. The largest botanical value is the patches of peat moss. free.
- 13 Lick lakes nature conservation area (Ceglédi Szikes tavak) (Nearby (north) of Cegléd. Between Hwy #4 and Road #311), ☏ . with magnificent wilderness scenery. Salt marshes, intermittent water-covered meadows and pastures. Flora and fauna specials: saline aster, the Hungarian statice, Ophrys sphegodes, lapwing, the tailed Godwit, redshank, avocet and winged Stilt. Fine place to walking, birdwatching and relaxing free.
- 14 Town Hall (Városháza), Kossuth tér 1 (Downtown), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an imposing two-storey building with a central projection topped with a two-planed roof and a small rounded dome and prominent corner. It was erected in 1891-93 in eclectic style. The Town Hall was designed by two architects Budapest.
- 15 Tree of Liberty (Szabadság fája) (In the Church garden, corner of Kazinczy and Ősz streets), ☏ . made by a local ceramic artist, belfry has been over it. There are seven ceramic bell with numbers on the side. These are indicate the important events of Hungarian history.
- 16 Abony (Take a bus from Szolnok or from Cegléd, between Budapest and Szolnok). "Kaszáló" Forest, One of the biggest settlement in Europe of the blue falcon (Abony, Outskirts of Abony), Abonyi Lajos Exhibition Hall, local historical collection (Vasút út 16., Phone:+36 53 360096, email@example.com), "Vigyázó" Mansion, Classicist, Baroque style monument building (Tószegi utca 51.,Phone: +36 53 360075, visit only from outside but valued), St Stephen Roman Catholic Church, built in the 1790s in baroque style. (Kossuth tér 14.,Phone: +36 53 360045, firstname.lastname@example.org), Reformed Church, built in 1785, in late baroque style, a symbol of Abony (Kálvin utca 2., Phone:+36 53 360025, email@example.com, by booking), Abony Zoo, In the seven-acre mixed-planted forest, under the "sky-high trees' foliage in the cool shade, you can visit wild animals. (Bajtárs út 1., Phone:+36 53 362049, firstname.lastname@example.org, day: 09:00-17:00, Admission: Ft1400/1200.)
- 1 Termal Bad with Aquapark and Camping (Termálfűrdő, Ceglédi Gyógyfürdő és Szabadidőközpont), Fürdő út 27 (Northwest two km), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Sep-May: M-Su 10:00-19:00; End of May-Aug: M-Su 09:00-19:00.
- Drum and Percussion Gala (Nemzetközi Dobos-és ütős gála), which is a jazz event, and numerous jazz concerts throughout every year.
- Open Air Music Nights (Szabadtéri zenés esték)
- Cellar Day (Pünkösdi nyitott pince nap)
- Food and Wine Fest (Laska-és borfesztivál)
- 'Dating' of Funny Vehicles and Oldtimers (Furfangos járművek és veterán járművek randevúja)
- Cocktail and Salsa Festival (Koktél-és salsa fesztivál)
- Jazz festival (Bori jazz fesztivál)
- Kossuth Days (Kossuth napok) - September
- Tetz Art Festival (Tetz művészeti fesztivál)
- Virga festival (Virga fesztivál)
- 1 Klement Winery (Klément Családi Borászat), Kékkő utca 13. (East of center), ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 10:00-17:00. Wine tasting and shopping
- 1 Fodor Ice Cream (Fagyizó), Kossuth Ferenc utca 12 (Two blocks north of Main Post Office), ☏ . Daily 08:00-21:00. Summer cooler sweets.
- 2 Malom Tavern (Kalocsáék Malom Vendéglője), Kőrösi út 36. (South of center), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Su-Th 11:00-22:00; F-Sa 11:00-24:00. Hungarian, homemade food; stew, grill and oven Mains Ft1500-2200.
- 3 La Toscana Bistro (La Toscana Bisztró), Kossuth tér 8. (Close to Town Hall), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 10:00-23:00; F Sa 10:00-24:00; Su 10:00-22:00. Home cooking food with product of different Hungarian Wine Region. Weekly menus. Tea and hot chocolates specials. Mains Ft2000-4000 (2014).
- 1 Aquarell Hotel, Harmonia Wellness Center and Aranyhegy Restaurant (Harmónia Wellness Központ, Gyógyászati Központ és Aranyhegy Étterem), Fürdő út 24 (Located near the city’s Thermal Bath and Aquapark), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Four-star hotel. There are fifty twin of 92 rooms, the others are double. Each room has a minibar, safe, hairdryer, direct dial telephone, color TV. Single/double Ft31,000-34,000/38,000-42,000.
- 2 Garni Hotel, Malom utca 9. (Ten min walk toward east from Szabadság square), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Located in one of the quietest streets in the city center, lush greenery area. There is enclosed parking, double and triple rooms and suites Sgl/dbl/tpl/quad from Ft4,700/8,200/11,200/13,800 (all tax incl., 2014).
- 3 Hotel Alföld and Restaurant (Hotel Alföld és Étterem), Szolnoki út 15/a (Five min walk norteast from Downtown), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Cozy, family-run hotel. Sturdy furniture, cable TV, all room with shower. Hotel guests can use the Internet with a Card (ask at reception). Sgl/dbl from Ft7,550/9,650 (all tax incl., 2014).
- 4 Dózsa György Student home (Dózsa György Kollégium), Cegléd, Rákóczi út 54-56. (North of Szabadság square. Close to City Swimming Pool), ☏ , , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Sixty rooms. Hostel, with doubles available Dorm from Ft2,200, rooms from Ft3,200 (2014).
Cegléd postal code is: H-2701. Area Phone code: 53.
- 2 Main Post Office (Cegléd 1 posta), Cegléd, Kossuth Ferenc utca 2. (One block northwest of Szabadság square), ☏ , , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. M-F 08:00-19:00, Sa 08:00-12:00.