- For other places with the same name, see Centennial (disambiguation).
Centennial is a city in Colorado, United States of America. It is located in the southern Denver Metropolitan Area.
When Centennial was incorporated as a city on February 7, 2001, it was the largest city incorporation in U.S. history, with over 100,000 citizens at the 2000 census. By 2018, its population had risen to 111,000.
There are a few ways to get into Centennial, however, being in Denver's shadow, it is not recommended to enter by roadway if you hate being stuck in a bottleneck.
- 1 Centennial Airport (APA IATA) (just east of I-25). Flights from Grand Junction
- Denver International Airport is the closest major airport, take E-470 to Pena Blvd, and turn right. Multiple flights all over the United States are available at this airport a mile above sea level.
I-25/US 87 is the vertical route, and connects Centennial with Denver, Fort Collins, and Wyoming to the north. I-25 connects Centennial with Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and New Mexico to the South.
E-470, a toll road, is the Denver metro beltway, and gets you to and from suburbs.
This is practically the only way to visit Centennial due to the lack of mass transit, know that you may have to use a map. But, here are a few grid notes:
- A numbered system is proven inapplicable here, as opposed to Denver's northern suburbs.
- If you are looking for "___ Street", you should be driving across town from west to east, looking at the signs that signal "North __ Street" or "South ___ Street"
(see "do" below)
- 1 Downtown Centennial. Take a few hours to walk the Downtown area. Admire the high-rises, look around the historical shops and buildings, and see where Centennial came from.
- Centennial Park. Right in the center of the city, the Centennial Park is an expansive area with an amphitheatre and water park for the kids. There is no entry fee and the park is open until 11PM.
- 1 The Streets at SouthGlenn, 6851 S Vine St, ☏ +1 303-539-7141, email@example.com.
Unique restaurants in the area:
- [formerly dead link] Las Brisas Restaurant, 6787 S Clinton St, ☏ +1 303 792-3212. Where Latin coastal meets Mexican, incredible Las Brisas Ritas.
- Perfect Landing, 7625 S. Peoria St (south of Arapahoe Rd at Centennial Airport), ☏ +1 303 649-4478. Wine and dine on great food while overlooking planes taking off from the 3rd busiest private airport in the country.
- Drury Inn, 9445 E Dry Creek Rd (near the Tech Center). Low cost, solid rooms and free breakfast and dinner of pizza and salad.
|Routes through Centennial|
|Fort Collins ← Denver ←||N S||→ Castle Rock → Colorado Springs|