Central Finland (Keski-Suomi) is in the Finnish Lakeland.
- 1 Jyväskylä — University town and the hub of central Finland
- 2 Jämsä
- 3 Keuruu
- 4 Saarijärvi
- 5 Viitasaari
- 6 Äänekoski
- 1 Hankasalmi
- 2 Joutsa
- 3 Kannonkoski
- 4 Karstula
- 5 Kinnula
- 6 Kivijärvi
- 7 Konnevesi
- 8 Kuhmoinen
- 9 Kyyjärvi
- 10 Laukaa
- 11 Luhanka
- 12 Multia
- 13 Muurame
- 14 Petäjävesi – the wooden church of Petäjävesi is a UNESCO World Heritage site
- 15 Pihtipudas
- 16 Toivakka
- 17 Uurainen
Like most other provinces, there is an airport in the largest city, Jyväskylä, with flights to Helsinki. You can get to Jyväskylä by train from Tampere and from some places in Eastern Finland. As many highways pass through the province there are also a lot of intercity bus connections in all directions.
Trains of national operator VR are possible to use for travelling inside province.
Matkahuolto has a dense bus network covering most of the province.
Onnibus offers discount bus service by few routes.
- The wooden church of Petäjävesi, an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The aviation museum in Tikkakoski, north of Jyväskylä.
- Hike in Salamajärvi National Park in Kivijärvi or along Muuramenjoki trail in Muurame.
- Drive along small unpaved roads and watch the hilly lake landscape.
- Playing golf at GolfClub Tammela which is location in the middle of nature what makes the landscape particularly beautiful. Opening the horizon of Central Finland lake landscape is a vision which is quite harmonious and soothing. Tammalan Golfklubi
- Watch the WRC Rally of Finland, held around Jyväskylä each July.
- Buy liquorice and chocolate at the Panda factory shop in Jyväskylä.
- Joutsan Joutopäivät: 5–8 July 2018. A summer music festival in Joutsa (date needs updating)
- Jysäri: 6–7 July 2018. A music festival focusing on eurodance arranged in Himos Ski Center, Jämsä (date needs updating)
- Traktorijatzit: 6–8 July 2018. A jazz festival in Viitasaari that is kicked off with a tractor parade. (date needs updating)
- Pipefest: 27 July 2018. A well known hiphop and rap festival at Vuokatti Sotkamo (date needs updating)
- RiihiRock festival: 21 July 2018. A rock festival in Pihtipudas by the Lake Elämäjärvi (date needs updating)
- Satama Festival: 10–11 August 2018. Music festival in the Laukaa Port area (date needs updating)