Jump to navigation Jump to search
Central Himachal Pradesh is a region in Himachal Pradesh, consisting of Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kullu, Mandi and Una districts.
- 6 Mandi — a town built along the banks of the Beas River. Home to many temples dedicated to Shiva and Kali
- 7 Naina Devi — a town and municipal council that is the site for Shri Naina Devi Temple (Mahishapeeth)
- 8 Rewalsar — according to Buddhist legend, this lake was created out of a burning pyre by master Padmasambhava (Guru Rinpoche)
- 2 Kamru Nag — The main deity of Mandi district. Its temple is at the height of 3,334 meters above sea level on Mandi - Karsog Road. Perfect place for trekkers.
- 4 Prashar Lake — At an altitude of 2730 meters in district Mandi, 40 km from Mandi town. The deep blue water at this beautiful lake is held sacred to the sage Prashar. A three-tiered Pagoda-like temple dedicated to the sage lies by the lake - 'rishi' Prashar is said to have meditated here. Its remarkable setting is enhanced by a frame of snow-draped peaks visible from the lake's edge, and the water of the river Sutlej flows due south. The lakeside and the nearby villages are sites of various festivals held at different times of the year