Asia > East Asia > China > South China > Guangdong > Pearl River Delta > Jiangmen > Central JiangmenJump to navigation Jump to search
Central Jiangmen is the main urban area of Jiangmen. It includes the districts of Jianghai, Pengjiang and Xinhui.
- 1 Jiangmen General Bus Station (江门汽车总站, 江门汽车站 Jiangmen Bus Station), 139 Jianshe 3rd Road, Pengjiang District (蓬江区建设三路139号) (Local bus routes 4, 11, 12, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 32, 36, 39, 56, 102, 104, 107, 109, 11, 112, 115, 118, Jiangmen 62 and the Shaping (沙坪) bus line), ☏ . Jiangmen's main bus station. The station is located in the north of the city, presumably to avoid the need for buses headed west, north, or east to travel through the town.
- 2 Xinhui General Bus Station (新会汽车总站), 3 Xinhui Avenue, Xinhui District (新会区新会大道中3号) (Local bus routes 102, 103, 113, 201, 203, 205, 206, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 216, 220, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 235, 305, 309, 310, 318, 321, 329, k215, k333, Xinhui 205 Sanyi, Xinhui 205 Shibu, Xinhui 205 Shiqiao, Xinhui 206-b2, Xinhui 209, Xinhui 308, Xinhui 309, Xinhui 309b, Xinhui 311, Xinhui 312 and the Xinhui-Gongbei bus line), ☏ .
- 3 Jiangmen East Railway Station (江门东站, Jiangmen East Station), 江海区五邑路 (Wuyi Road, Jianghai District (Local bus routes 8, 12, 31, 40, 41, 56, 51, 53, 54, 69 and j02). Until 2017, this station was known as Jiangmen Railway Station.
- 4 Xinhui Railway Station (新会站, Xinhui Station), Xinhui Avenue, Xinhui District (新会区新会大道) (Local bus routes 46, 103, 310, 321, k333, Jiangmen 62, Xinhui 308 and Xinhui 311).
Depending on the train, the trip from Guangzhou takes 30-50 min; the fare is ¥36-45.
Museums and historical sites
- 1 Former Residence and Memorial Hall of Liang Qichao (梁启超故居纪念馆), Chakeng Village, Huicheng Town , Xinhui District (新会区会城镇茶坑村) (The Former Residence of Liang Qichao bus stop is about 770 metres from the site. Bus routes 209, 210, 213, 230, 301, k214, Xinhui 209, Xinhui 222, and Xinhui k209), ☏ . 09:00-17:30, no entry after 17:00, closed on Mondays. Entry is free. The parking fee is ¥10.
- 2 Jiangmen Art Gallery (江门市美术馆), West side of Wuyi Overseas Chinese Plaza, Yuanshi Road, Pengjiang District (蓬江区院士路五邑华侨广场内西侧) (Take bus no. 23, 56, k6 or Sightseeing Bus t1 and get off at Wuyi Overseas Chinese Plaza), ☏ . 08:30-17:30, closed on Mondays. Free.
- 3 Jiangmen Wuyi Overseas Chinese Museum (江门五邑华侨华人博物馆), Wuyi Overseas Chinese Plaza, Beixin Area, Pengjiang District (蓬江区北新区五邑华侨广场) (The nearest bus stops are the Convention Centre (会展中心) bus stop and the Wuyi Overseas Chinese Plaza (五邑华侨华广场) bus stop, which are served by bus routes 6, 23, 27, 35, 52, 55, 56, 58, 60, 119, k6 and Sightseeing Bus t1), ☏ . 09:00-17:00, closed on Mondays. Museum built in 2010 to commemorate the overseas achievements, lifestyle and journeys of the Jiangmen (Wuyi) region's massive number of overseas migrant Chinese in countries as diverse as Australia, Canada, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, South Africa, the United States and Vietnam in fields including agriculture, architecture, aviation, engineering, tin and gold mining and railways. Also houses an early Polish steam locomotive that was sent to the region by boat on a now defunct railway line deconstructed in the anti-Japanese war designed in part by a local Chinese America-returnee railway engineer after raising funds from the overseas community. Opposite the art gallery. Free.
- 4 Tea Hut Park (茶庵公园), Waihai Subdistrict, Jianghai District (江海区外海街道) (Take bus no. 13, 25, 104, 112, Jiang 702 or Zhongshan 398 and get off at Waihai High School (外海中学). Alternatively, take bus no. 3, 10, 13, 25, 39 or 44 and get off at the Tea Hut Temple bus stop). Site of the Tea Hut Temple (茶庵古寺), a temple built during the Ming Dynasty in honour of Zhang Sui (张遂), a famous Tang Dynasty astronomer monk who once lived here in a straw hut dubbed the Tea Hut. The park is contiguous with the much larger Baishuidai Park (白水带公园).
- 5 Xinhui Confucius Temple (新会学宫, 新会博物馆 Xinhui Museum), 12 Gongyuan Road, Xinhui District (新会区公园路12号) (There are two bus stops on the north side of the temple complex: The Xinhui Confucius Temple bus stop, which is served by bus no. 318 and the Swimming Pool (游泳池) bus stop, which is served by bus nos. 205, 219, 232, 233, Xinhui 205 (Sanyi Route), Xinhui 205 (Shiqiao Route), Xinhui 303 and Xinhui 311), ☏ . 09:00-17:00, closed on Mondays. Free.
Parks and nature
- 6 Birds Paradise (小鸟天堂), 22 Yinhu Avenue, Xinhui District (新会区银湖大道中22号) (Take bus no. 209, 210, 213, 218, 218b, 230, 301, Xinhui 209, Xinhui 218, Xinhui 222, Xinhui 308 or the Xinhui Gongbei Bus Line and get off at the Birds Paradise bus stop), ☏ . 08:00-17:30. Entrance is ¥25. Boat ride costs ¥50.
- 7 Changlang Eco Park (长廊生态园), Donghai Road, Dongren Village, Liyue Subdistrict, Jianghai District (江海区礼乐街道东仁村东海路) (Take bus no. j02 from Jianghai East Railway Station. Get off at the Jianghai Eco Park (江海区生态园) bus stop), ☏ . 09:00-18:00. As of September 2019, the children's amusement rides are closed for renovation. ¥30.
- 8 Chishi Scenic Area (叱石风景区), Township Road Y165, Duruan Town, Pengjiang District (蓬江区杜阮镇Y165乡道) (Take bus no. 20), ☏ . 09:00-17:00. Entry to the park is free. The cable car charges ¥40 for a one-way trip and ¥70 for a return trip.
- 9 East Lake Park (东湖公园), 7 Gangkou 1st Road, Pengjiang District (蓬江区港口一路7号) (Take bus no. 2, 5, 7, 18, 19, 22, 24, 27, 51, 107 or Sightseeing Bus t1 and get off at East Lake Square (东湖广场)), ☏ . 06:00-22:30. Free.
- 10 [dead link] Guifeng Mountain National Forest Park (圭峰山国家森林公园), Xinhui District (新会区) (The main access road is Guifeng Road (圭峰路), which runs down the eastern side of the park. The main entrance is the Yongzhenshan Gate (永镇山门), which can be reached via bus nos. 103, 113, Xinhui 303 and Xinhui 312. Bus no. 103 may be caught from the Xinhui Railway Station), ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Open all day. Free.
- 1 Gladden Hotel (名冠金凯悦酒店), No.188 Fazhan Avenue, Pengjiang District (蓬江区发展大道188号) (At the intersection of Fazhan Avenue and Guangchang Road West (广场西路) and across the road from Wuyi Overseas Chinese Plaza (五邑华侨广场). Take bus no. 23, 27 or 39 and get off at City Garden (城市花园)), ☏ . Chinese '5-star' hotel built in 2008. Large rooms, but has a bit of that smokey carpet feeling. Outdoor pool. ¥420.