Jianmen consists of three urban districts:
Furthermore, Jiangmen has jurisdiction over four county-level cities
- Taishan (台山) - small and beautiful city, ancestral home of many American Chinese, 140 km west of Hong Kong
- Kaiping (开平)
- Enping (恩平)
- Heshan (鹤山)
There are many bus stations.
* The "main" bus station is located in the north of the city, presumably to avoid the need for buses headed west, north, or east to travel through the town. * Xinhui (New) Bus Station (新会汽车总站) / 广东省江门市新会区新会大道东3号
To travel to Jiangmen from Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, you can take the Intercity Bus. The first bus leaves at 08:50.
The Zhuhai-Guangzhou intercity rail has 2 stations in Jiangmen. Trains run at top speeds of 200-240 km/h (125-150 mph). 20% of the trains are express trains that skip stations for even faster transit time.
- Jiangmen has 2 stations (Jiangmen and Xinhui) on the east-west spur line. Depending on the train, the trip from Guangzhou to either of them takes 30-50 min; the fare is ¥36-45.
- At the Guangzhou, Shunde, Foshan, Zhongshan and Zhuhai stations, 80% of the trains run north-south but 20% branch off to the east-west line. You also have the option of taking a north-south line and transferring at Xiaolan (Zhongshan) station.
- From Macau, the Zhuhai station is 500 m west of the Gongbei/Portas do Cerco border crossing.
As of 2018, there is one direct train from Beijing (D921, Beijing-Guangzhou-Zhanjiang) that stops at Xinhui station in Jiangmen. It is one of the comparatively few overnight high-speed trains with sleeping berths that operate in China. It leaves Beijing at 20:30 in the evening, crosses the entire country overnight, and stops at Xinhui at 07:33 in the morning. A second-class seat (二等座 ) is ¥754; a sleeping berth (动卧) is ¥1430.
In 2018, the railway was expanded from Jiangmen farther southwest, to Taishan, Kaiping, Maoming and Zhanjiang. Service from Jiangmen to points west is less frequent than between Guangzhou and Jiangmen.
- Kaiping Watchtowers (开平碉楼). The construction of the Kaiping Watchtowers began in the early Qing Dynasty, and a lot of construction took place in the 1920s and 1930s. These towers were built as defense against bandits. There are many towers, they are mostly beyond Kaiping from the direction of Jiangmen so you are better off staying in Kaiping or it will be a very long day.
- Tea Hut Park (茶庵公园). Jiangmen suburb of tea Um temple is a famous place of historic interest and scenic beauty. It is outside the town of Ma Yu Jianghai. In the foothills, away from the urban area about 10 km, is a beautiful scenery.
- Aofong Hill (鳌峰山). Ao mountain tourist area in Enping District of Beijiao, has 150-m-high, majestic mountains. Known as the ancient stone mountain.
- Shangchuan and XiaChuan Islands (川岛风情). Shangchuan and Xiachuan Islands fall under Taishan's jurisdiction and are locally known for their scenery. Boats to the islands are aggressively halted during and after bad weather, so transport to and from the mainland can be patchy.
- Mei Courtyard (梅家大院). Mei Courtyard compound (i.e. Tingjiang River dike Overseas Construction Group) is in the town of Datong River Fen side.
- Fortuna Spa Resort (富都温泉度假村). The resort has the high yield rice demonstration area, producing Taishan specialty Duhu rice. The hot spring in this castle has spa crystal clear water, a pure natural sea salt water hot springs, without any industrial pollution.
- Guifeng Mountain National Forest Park (圭峰山国家森林公园).
- Jiangmen Wuyi Overseas Chinese Museum (江门五邑华侨华人博物馆), 五邑华侨广场, ☏ . 9AM-4:30PM(?). Museum built in 2010 to commemorate the overseas achievements, lifestyle and journeys of the Jiangmen (Wuyi) region's massive number of overseas migrant Chinese in countries as diverse as Australia, Canada, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, South Africa, the United States and Vietnam in fields including agriculture, architecture, aviation, engineering, tin and gold mining and railways. Also houses an early Polish steam locomotive that was sent to the region by boat on a now defunct railway line deconstructed in the anti-Japanese war designed in part by a local Chinese America-returnee railway engineer after raising funds from the overseas community. Opposite the art gallery. Free.
- The new citrus. Half-fermented soft citrus peel is a local specialty. It tastes very sour/tart and is typically consumed in small quantities with tea.
- Gladden Hotel, No.188 Fazhan Avenue, Beixin District, ☏ . Chinese '5-star' hotel built 10 years ago. Large rooms, but has a bit of that smokey carpet feeling. Outdoor pool. ¥420.