Jump to navigation Jump to search
Southern Myanmar, this area includes all the three Ayeyarwady (Irrawaddy), Bago, Yangon Myanmar regions. Irrawaddy covers the Ayeyarwady River (Irrawaddy River) delta.
- 1 Yangon (Rangoon) was the capital of Myanmar until it was superseded by Naypyidaw in November 2005
- 2 Bago (Pegu) – home to uncountable Buddhist temples
- 3 Pathein (Bassein) – the capital of Ayeyarwady Division
- 4 Pyay
- 5 Taungoo
- 6 Thanlyin – historical port town close to Yangon.
- 7 Twante – delta town famous for its pottery.
- 1 Chaung Tha
- 2 Ngwe Saung
- 3 Taukkyan – the site of the war cemetery with the graves of more than 6,000 Allied soldiers who perished in Burma during World War II.
- 4 Coco Islands – the biggest of the islands were used as a penal colony for political prisoners until 1971
- Cape Negrais: this headland west of the Irrawaddy Delta is a landmark with scenic beaches and grand cliffs.