Enping (恩平; Ēnpíng) is a county-level city in Guangdong Province. It is part of the administration of Jiangmen city.
It's long in summer and warm in winter in Guangdong province. Because Guangdong lies in the low latitude area and faces the South China Sea, it's tropical and subtropical climates. The average temperature of spring is about 20°C; summer is 28°C; autumn is 25°C; winter is 12°C. There are many typhoons in summer and autumn. Every April and September is the rainy seasons. Spring and autumn are the best seasons for traveling.
A railway station on the east of Enping was opened in July 2018, serving trains to and from Guangzhou South Railway Station.
You can get there by taking a bus in Fangcun village bus station or Enping bus stop.
The language of Enping is a variant of Cantonese known as Enpingnese (99% similar to the local language of Taishan so the outside world categorizes it as Taishanese), which is only marginally mutually intelligible with standard Cantonese. However, as Cantonese is the lingua franca of Guangdong province, most locals will be able to speak and understand standard Cantonese. Mandarin is the primary language of instruction in all schools so most younger individuals would also be reasonably fluent in it.
Enping is the self-proclaimed hot spring capital of China.
- Didu (帝都) hot spring resort is in Liangxi town of Enping city. The temperature of water is over 80℃ on average all year. There are as many as 300 outdoors springs. The water contains 48 mineral elements.
- 30 minutes east will bring you to the neighboring town of Kaiping and its historic diaolous.
- 45 minutes east is the town of Taishan.
- The closest major city (over 1 million population) is Yangjiang, the knife manufacturing capital of China.
- Jiangmen, the administration capital of the area, is 1½ hour to the west with an Intercity Rail station. There you can catch fast trains to either Zhuhai or Guangzhou and the cities in between.